Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:57:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Forest God of the World
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Forest God of the World  (Read 2405 times)
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2010, 06:08:09 PM »

This thing. No idea if I got the title right or not. Someone told me it was something like that.

Story

You are the new Forest God. You awaken inside the last living tree in a desert surrounding a large city that was abandoned by humanity after a nuclear meltdown. It is up to you to revive the desert and perhaps even turn the city back into forest.

Gameplay

The basic idea is sort of like Soublazer mixed with SimLife and a bit of STALKER. There are two key parts of the game, which interact:

1. The player has to re-establish forests outside of the city. They do this by first planting things that can live in nutrient-poor soil. After they die and make the soil richer, the player can sort of move on from there, up to the point where they reintroduce animals and things.

2. The player has to explore the city in order to find things like seeds, cloned animals hidden in underground labs, and weather control facilities. Also maybe fun story-related stuff hidden in old newspaper clippings.

Anyway, I'm not sure about the specifics. I don't want a lot of fidgety numbers to mess with. It'll be more like "Did you turn the rain generator on? If so you can grow normal plants. If not you can only grow cacti." Or something.

Platform

I'm making this using the BRPG engine, unless I get bored and don't make it.

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 06:27:42 PM »

Yeah that translation is pretty accurate, though it has more of a literal sense of "I'm becoming Forest World's God."  So maybe instead of "you are the new forest god" it could be "you will be the new forest god." Shrug

hi
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »

I'd love to see separate branches of life for the various kinds of environs and such; desert animals for oases, rain-forests, woods, jungles, etc.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 11:03:51 PM »

Yeah that translation is pretty accurate, though it has more of a literal sense of "I'm becoming Forest World's God."  So maybe instead of "you are the new forest god" it could be "you will be the new forest god." Shrug

Not that he needs to tie himself to the description at all.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 12:52:48 AM »

True. Tongue

hi
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile