Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:21:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Twilit Universe [FINISHED!]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Twilit Universe [FINISHED!]  (Read 19975 times)
guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2010, 07:06:01 AM »

Who knows the reason. I'm baffled, no, pissed! Angry as to why this didn't get more attention. I think being almost at the bottom of the list didn't help, as I bet many people started playing the compo games in a) alphabetical order or b) just based on looks, and this isn't the most eye catching game despite looking good.

I think a little video (under 1 min) could've helped. Probably people didn't get the point. For example, a lot of the people who played 8:Capsule could only get through the first level after watching the video. In the end I think the video helped 8:Capsule get more votes.

I hope you don't feel disappointed and keep working on it. And everyone else, I hope you give this a good chance and try to understand the concept.

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 03:53:01 PM »

Oh, I'm not disappointed. But I probably won't be working on this any more. The concept wasn't quite as successful as I had hoped, and I have some other projects I want to work on.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 11:53:55 AM »

I think being almost at the bottom of the list didn't help, as I bet many people started playing the compo games in a) alphabetical order or b) just based on looks, and this isn't the most eye catching game despite looking good.

I felt sorting games through alphabetical order was the most fair way to go with it, but I myslf wasn't happy with that. For the next compo I'll probably try and set up (if Derek doesn't organize the next one himself, that is) a script that displays the games on the page in a completely random order. Or displays games that you haven't clicked in yet (maybe doable with session variables).

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic