Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:34:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Pray
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Pray  (Read 2749 times)
[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2010, 02:51:01 AM »

PRAY

Description

You open your eyes, and as your eyes slow start to adapt to the light you see the ceiling. The lamp is still waving back and forth so can't have been passed out for a long time. Your memory is still a haze, but upon touching the aching and bleeding (and now apparently missing) earlobe you gain a flash from the past - You were praying. What you were praying for is still in the dark. You try to get up, but lose your consiciousness once again; only for seconds though. You try a new approach, roll over, and raise slowly up by holding support from a nearby bed.

You are now sitting on the bed. The room has no doors, no windows. You can see the bathroom, but a pool of blood on its floor makes you think twice about entering.

On the bed there is a cellphone with one button, a handgun, a single bullet, and an envelope. You open the envelope and a note inside says "ANSWER". At that precise moment the cellphone rings. You answer it. A gentle pre-recorded female voice says:

"You have reached God's personal phone-line. God will be answering your questions in a moment, please hold"

*MUZAK PLAYING*

Forgive my English, I'm not a native speaker.
             Inspired by

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:08:52 AM by [platypus] » Logged
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 02:56:40 AM »

Your English is pretty good actually.

hi
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 11:04:45 AM »

The concept sounds amazing, like a better version of Black and White.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »

The concept is something I've been dabbling with for quite a while now. However, I fear that the time limit of one month is not enough for results that I want. Not with my coding skills anyway.  Cry

I think I'll take a different approach to this game cover. I'll make an IF-game about the possible existance and worthiness of a deity. The Idea and narrative is still formulating in my head, and atm seems a pretty good one. I'll sleep on it, since it's kinda late already, and decide tomorrow which one I'll make. Cool

Anyway, thanks for your kind words Melly. With that encouraging I just might to stick with the original plan. I'll just have to simplify the mechanics, and get the game layout clearer.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 11:55:15 AM »

This could be a pretty cool game.
[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 04:13:34 AM »

Changed the concept of the game to the first post.

The game will be a IF-game about a conversation with God, remembrance, and other exiting things revealed later.

I decided to take this course, because I'm not much of a coder, but I am a games design student, and a drawer-writer (not sure if this is an idiom in English, but it is in Finnish). Hope you'll like the results.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 10:32:42 AM »

IF's are intriguing when done properly. Good luck.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 02:06:56 PM »

It isn't an idiom in English, any way to explain that?

Also, this sounds like a very interesting concept. You keep getting such wonderful ideas.
[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 11:57:27 PM »

What I meant by that 'idiom' was that I write stories and novels and whatnot, but they end up to my drawer (the furniture, not a person who draws) rather than to a publisher. I think a hobbyist could be close enough.

My problem with games often is that I plan and plan, but lose intrest in half-way because I get a new idea. I think I can pull this one off though, since Emily Short has made very clear tutorials for Inform7 so I can focus almost entirely on the content.

UPDATE:
- I have chosen the appropriate music to play on the background. (I'll just have to get a permission from the author, or alternatively suffer the consequence)
- I have formulated the narrative and possible endings
- 13 conversation "threads" are written (none on inform7 though)
- preemptive "Player is a jerk"-possibilities are being fixed.

Also, thank you for the compliment Inanimate  Gentleman
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »

Was there anymore progress on this? It's a really interesting concept.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic