Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 08:55:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames Stores with Character
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Games Stores with Character  (Read 2913 times)
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: March 13, 2008, 11:48:58 PM »

Staff:
Amount of People who can Fit in Store:
maybe 3
Lots of Old Games and Consoles:
Yes
Furniture?:
Composed of (presumably broken) NES Consoles
Lunch Breaks:
frequent

Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 08:52:39 AM »

Hah, cool.  :D

There's a little local game store that's a few blocks down from where I live called Press Start. The guy who runs it reminds me of Fish for some reason. He's pretty cool.
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 10:08:18 AM »

i can just see jay and bob hanging out there, hustlin.

lexaloffle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »

Super Potato.

███ Joseph White
███ Lexaloffle Games
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 12:20:14 PM »

Space Cat: Card's and Comic's

It's pretty big but it has lots of comics, action figures, used video games from nes-current.  At any one time in store they are likely to have: a game and watch unit, chrono trigger, harvest moon snes, japanese famicom disk system games.  It's pretty pro
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 12:47:11 PM »

There's a little bunch of art and craft shops somewhere in the Essex countryside mostly places selling garden ornaments, fabrics, tailored ballet shoes, hand-made toys etc.  And a little odd-and-sods shop with - among other things - a heap of old games consoles (SNES, dreamcast, megadrive etc.) and a couple of arcade cabinets.

I like to imagine the middle-aged woman who owns the place understands what a treasure-trove she has, but life is rarely as interesting as that...

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
RadRuss
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 12:52:46 PM »

I remember a sweet import gaming store in Seattle, although I don't remember what it was called.  If anyone lives up there, they probably know about it though...tiny little store, but tons of cool stuff.

Go check out my music!  www.russwallace.net
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 12:07:44 AM »

Me and my IRL friends mostly buy from a shop called Dungeon Crawl that is tucked away behind a long flight of grimy stairs... it sells old games and stuff but the best thing is that they sell for less than EB Games, who promise to match any other store's price. So the guys from EB games are always walking down the street to nervously check the prices in Dungeon Crawl. The owner has all these signs up saying stuff like "No EB Games workers allowed!!"

I believe that he chases them out with a broom.

Blueskied
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »

Sorry to be off-topic. This is not a game store but a 2nd hand computer store in Vienna. The owner does not like to answer questions of customers.
Every 3rd questioner will be shot down according to a sign in the window display:
http://vienna.metblogs.com/2007/01/14/shotgun-shopping-silence-is-golden/

The sign on this hammer summarizes his customer relationship.
It reads: "You have question? Here answer"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 04:02:39 PM by Blueskied » Logged

Karl, Blueskied Games - Gratis Spiele (my german site)
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »

Me and my IRL friends mostly buy from a shop called Dungeon Crawl that is tucked away behind a long flight of grimy stairs... it sells old games and stuff but the best thing is that they sell for less than EB Games, who promise to match any other store's price. So the guys from EB games are always walking down the street to nervously check the prices in Dungeon Crawl. The owner has all these signs up saying stuff like "No EB Games workers allowed!!"

I believe that he chases them out with a broom.

That sir, is great Smiley (I never liked EB games)

VideogameBiscuit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 03:56:37 AM »

Game Mania, Antwerp, Belgium

Big store, has lots of titles for all platforms, including older games, both new and used, also sells game guides. But what makes it übercool is the life-sized Big Daddy from Bioshock near the entrance!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic