Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:50:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Onion Warriors-(FINISHED)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Onion Warriors-(FINISHED)  (Read 12014 times)
Starflier
Level 2

I can't see how this could possibly go wrong...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »

This reminds me so much of old Dos puzzle games; The music, the art, even the level titles...

Metal Snail Idea Workshop - Hey, there's actually a website there now X(
Cats in the Kitchen - It's a comic about cooking, and the cooks that do it...
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 03:52:45 PM »

I really like this game, but there's a bug that sometimes allows an onion to walk past the carpet into the camel and get stuck there making it impossible to finish the level.

hi
Fabienne
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 09:14:26 AM »

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback.  Kiss It rewarding to know that other people enjoyed playing my game as much as I liked making it.

As this is my first attempt making puzzles of any type, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Thanks for the support guys.  Coffee
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 07:56:46 PM »

Argh!!!  Why!?

I'm stuck on Checkerboard.  I'll have to try again when I have had more sleep and less vodka.

The music reminds me of Wild Snake for SNES...

EDIT:  "If you get stuck in a wall or in your horse don't worry too much."

THIS IS MY GREATEST FEAR!   Epileptic
belbeeno
Level 1

video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 11:57:32 PM »

I'm a huge sucker for these multi-character puzzle games.  I like the exotic music and general palette selection.  Too bad I get stuck in the wall and horse way too much for me to enjoy the game.  >:

@belbeeno - website
Buy my dang game, Factory Hiro!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »

Is Checkerboard actually beatable? I can't figure it out for the life of me. WTF

Either way, the game's pretty enjoyable, however the difficulty is a little all over the place. The first levels are very easy, and then you have a sudden jump in difficulty with Checkerboard (which I mentioned still being stuck on).

I also like the graphics and the music, though the scaling method you used causes some strange graphical artifacts for me.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »

It seems like I can only walk through walls/horses when I'm holding down the space key, which for some reason is all the time.  As long as I don't land on the horse or on a wall block I can use the same exploit outside the level to get back in.

That said, I beat the game legitimately and agree with what Melly said.  Checkerboard is definitely the hardest rock puzzle, and for the log levels, Tight Spaces seemed harder than the final level.

Also, +100 points for having a better ending screen than I had.

hi
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 08:36:13 AM »

Great little game you've got here. I found it quite easy, but it did keep me playing until the end. A lot of the puzzles have several solutions and don't require you to use everything, but that's not really an issue I suppose. I enjoyed it immensely. Good work.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 09:16:40 AM »

Nice sokoban puzzles. The tight spaces one was really satisfying to solve. Only thing which seemed unintuitive were the two discrete sets of switches/blocks in that one checkerboard level where two onions were by the exit and one was trapped near a checkerboard pattern of stones and holes.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic