Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:17:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Old Timey Cop vs. Dollar Bag Thief (post compo)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Old Timey Cop vs. Dollar Bag Thief (post compo)  (Read 8440 times)
feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:27:19 PM »

Old Timey Cop vs. Dollar Bag Thief

Description

Challenge your friends to see who can nab the most Dollar Bags in this thrilling multiplayer hotseat party game!

Choose to play as the Old Timey Cops as they try to nab the thief and stop him from getting their precious Dollar Bags.  Stragegically set up cameras, crates, and locked doors.

Choose to play as the Dollar Bag Thief who hides in the shadows, lifting the Dollar Bags from under the Cops' noses.
             Inspired by

Screenshot

Download
Not here.  HERE.

How to play
Click on the INSTRUCTIONS button in game.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 05:16:08 PM by feeblethemighty » Logged

i make chiptunes, uketunes, games and more!  feeblethemighty.com
N. Crayon
Level 0

A man of little talent.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 03:29:29 PM »

Sounds cool. Party games are always a load of fun.  Smiley
Snow
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 03:46:15 PM »

I've always wanted to do a cop vs. robbers game. I always pictured one that would be like an ASCII game but with very simple blocky graphics and a similar sort of idea - where a level was a puzzle and the robber had to get out within a short time (yeah, I love time based gameplay).

I can't wait to see what you do with this. You have an excellent idea. Smiley
feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 04:01:40 PM »

Cool thanks guys!  Grin

I'm really busy this month, so i don't know when i'll get around to actually working this thing out, but i think it will be simple enough for me to finish.  I mostly wanted to post to get myself motivated, etc.

Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 04:09:20 PM »

By multiplayer do you mean online multiplayer, or hotseat?

feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 06:19:33 PM »

By multiplayer do you mean online multiplayer, or hotseat?

Hotseat.  I think it's really the only way this idea will work.  I would like to do online, but I want people to try and read into their opponents not only on screen, but off screen as well.

Plus, i don't know how to do online.  Yet.  Wink

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 06:36:57 PM »

Black Magic. Wizard

hi
feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »

I spent this hot, muggy Friday afternoon working on my game.  I think i made some decent progress.  Here is a screeny:

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 04:12:19 PM »

Wow, that looks beautiful. I always love scan lines.
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 05:08:41 PM »

I love the borders, but there's way too much wasted space around the play field.  I suggest making the play field bigger, as it is currently a tad bit small.

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
mcccclean
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 05:41:15 PM »

This is looking awesome! Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

(also the title makes me chuckle every time I think of it)
feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 07:05:08 PM »

I love the borders, but there's way too much wasted space around the play field.  I suggest making the play field bigger, as it is currently a tad bit small.

Actually, the borders with the footsteps are going to be a crucial part of the game.  The thief player will be hidden to all players except for a brief moment at the beginning of a match.  The red footsteps tell the players if the thief has moved.  The players playing the Cops can use that info to judge how far the thief has moved, although not which direction.  The thief player can use the footsteps to help gauge where he is.  E.G. if he taps up but no footsteps appear, he has hit a wall.  It's a little more intuitive once you see it in action.

Also, i think i will need to keep the playing field the size it is because if you are the thief, it will be more difficult to track yourself on a larger playing field.

I think i will be able to put up a build pretty soon.  I'm curious as to people's impressions and totally open to suggestions of gameplay mechanics.  I realize that most people prefer online games to hotseat, but i hope to make this worth getting a few friends together.   

Hand Any KeySmiley   Hand Any KeyApoplectic   Hand Any KeyCry

tipp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 10:58:43 AM »

Wow, this looks cool! I love the graphics style, and I also love the party game aspect. Looking good so far!

feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 05:15:48 PM »

Concerned

Totally did not make the deadline for this one.  But, not just because of lack of motivation,  honest!

But, that's not to say that i've given up entirely.  I just need to playtest the thing more which requires multiple people in the same room who all like playing videogames.

Anyways, there's a link to the latest version on the first post.  Check it out if you like.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic