Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:39:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] whale of noise [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] whale of noise [FINISHED]  (Read 22268 times)
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2010, 05:51:00 AM »

Finally had a chance to try this out and I enjoyed your interpretation of the case-art for this game. I like the idea that the level design could create the music soundtrack that the player might have to play and that they literally can't pass unless they are playing the right chords it would seem. I liked the palette.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2010, 06:18:02 PM »

I enjoyed it too. I agree with many of the suggestions, different types of shapes, or ways for the environment to have you create music as you go through it would be great ways to expand the concept.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
GordonCSA
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »

Another possibility for increased challenge would be to only let the player stay in particled(?) mode for a limited amount of time, another variant of having to find the right notes quickly.

Circle Stone Aviator
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2010, 10:07:04 PM »

First post updated with extra sexy custom badge. Wear it proudly Increpare.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
SimpleSyrup
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2010, 12:19:40 AM »

Increpare, seriously, how do you come up with so many good game ideas so fast? I probably haven't come up with something as good as your worst idea, in years of thinking. I would love for you to share a little bit of your creative process with everyone.

Great game.
miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2010, 12:53:47 AM »

Increpare, seriously, how do you come up with so many good game ideas so fast? I probably haven't come up with something as good as your worst idea, in years of thinking. I would love for you to share a little bit of your creative process with everyone.

I still want to marry the guy for Rara Racer.

David Pittman
Level 2

MAEK GAEM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2010, 11:21:34 PM »

Just played through this and really enjoyed the vibe. Great work on the sound. The warm colors near the surface are lovely, too.

I love the idea of underwater tunnels as some kind of bizarre sheet music for the whale to sing. I want to hack it to make him sing the Super Mario Bros. theme. Giggle

Spross
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2010, 06:40:08 AM »

Congrats on getting featured on this weeks Sawbuck Games roundup over at the AV club!
http://www.avclub.com/articles/july-19-2010,43033/
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2010, 11:27:46 AM »

I liked this a lot.  One of my favorite parts was "searching" for the right note to fit through the space; this adds an interesting element to the game's "score."

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2010, 03:42:44 PM »

Very nice! I like how you took the title literally, and the "emergent" soundtrack. Collision seems a bit "jerky" at the moment though and I managed to briefly get stuck in a wall at some point.
adam_smasher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2010, 04:51:32 PM »

The ending is beautiful. I've left it going for about 20 minutes now.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »

Interesting idea. I don't think the mechanics support the concept, though. I would expect a game about learning to sing to have more creative elements. Instead, the game felt very mechanical. There game required no thought and required no decision-making. As a result, I felt more like I was going through a required set of motions than finding the ability to express myself through song.

I did quite like the whale graphics, and the controls were nice and smooth.

The ending was a bit abrupt. It would have been nice to have some way of knowing that the game was over.

gingerbeardman
Level 0

#agbic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2010, 04:27:17 AM »

Love the concept, the game felt like a tutorial for something bigger to come so I was a bit disappointed when it ended.

I'd love to see this expanded upon.

Daily Driver for Playdate https://www.patreon.com/dailydriver
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic