Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411841 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

May 31, 2024, 08:31:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)I made a stencil T-Shirt.......... :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I made a stencil T-Shirt.......... :D  (Read 3989 times)
ToothyMang
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »

I like making stencil t-shirts. I made this one today:

^feet

And heres some older ones:

Made this one for critical mass (their logo, not mine)

And these 2 photos are pretty big, so I'll just link them
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv126/PhillipWelden/sten003.jpg

My favorite:
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv126/PhillipWelden/Bombardier001.jpg

...so yea, I know this isn't my blog and all, and I didn't just want to show them for no reason. I am curious if any of my fellow indies ever do silly things like this. If so, I would love to see  Grin
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 04:33:13 PM »

Cool stuff! I do this with hoodies and t-shirts, looking to get some actual designs out so I'm not posting now, but this is some smooth stuff!
The lack of bleeding is noticeable, a common problem on white Grin

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 05:38:02 PM »

Those look good. I'm really into stenciling too. This is my favorite thing I've done so far on the back of a hoodie.

floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 02:46:39 AM »

awesome Smiley

have you tried doing it with bleach (load an old liquid spray bottle with bleach and lightly spray through stencil) on a dark coloured t-shirt? usually good results! you can also sponge it on, or use cotton buds for extra detail.

we made t-shirts for our band (that's not us pictured, that's some happy customers!) this way.

make sure to wash the bleach out before wearing! Wink

what ink/paint do you use to spray on? how do you stop it from washing out?
ToothyMang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 07:43:20 AM »

I just use good old spray paint. I use lots of bolts and my gloved fingers to hold down the floaty bits of stencil like around lettering, and I just mist on lots of coats, each very thin, letting time to dry in between. And when doing it this way, the paint will most likely seep through the thin cotton onto the back, so I put paper inside to catch any paint. And you don't stop it from washing out. I've washed that last shirt probably 20+ times and its only barely lighter than in that photo. I know I could use fabric paint or some kinda silk screen technique that would last longer/forever but I prefer my way.
Jóhannes G.
Level 0

Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 08:33:21 AM »

Hello, been a lurker here for quite some time and thought i'd join in on this as a good way to say hello. Smiley
I've been mass producing some t-shirts for the past couple of days for an upcoming local art festival. Simply using a very simple silkscreen method.

38/150 (this is gonna take some time :/)

- Jóhannes G.portfolio
ToothyMang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 09:01:33 AM »

Very Simple eh? Care to enlighten me?
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »

awesome Smiley

have you tried doing it with bleach (load an old liquid spray bottle with bleach and lightly spray through stencil) on a dark coloured t-shirt? usually good results! you can also sponge it on, or use cotton buds for extra detail.

we made t-shirts for our band (that's not us pictured, that's some happy customers!) this way.

This is actually brilliant!! I want to do this now :3

floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »

This is actually brilliant!! I want to do this now :3

make sure to do it in a well ventilated area!  Smiley

I just use good old spray paint. I use lots of bolts and my gloved fingers to hold down the floaty bits of stencil like around lettering, and I just mist on lots of coats, each very thin, letting time to dry in between. And when doing it this way, the paint will most likely seep through the thin cotton onto the back, so I put paper inside to catch any paint. And you don't stop it from washing out. I've washed that last shirt probably 20+ times and its only barely lighter than in that photo. I know I could use fabric paint or some kinda silk screen technique that would last longer/forever but I prefer my way.

Cool! Cheers, that's good to know... I always was of the impression that spraypaint would sit on top of the fabric and then wash straight off - but I guess doing several thin coats makes sense.
AndroidScholar1
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »

awesome Smiley

[PICTURE HERE]

...KKK?

Very nice designs guys Smiley Loving the sugarbeard's Storm Trooper and ToothyMang's rose!
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 12:17:38 PM »

This one is really great!  Ive been wanting to make my own t-shirts lately.  It would be cool if we had some tutorials on it.

floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 01:34:37 PM »

...KKK?

yeah, it's unfortunate when 3 of them stand together Sad we usually try to avoid that situation...

it's the "K-Hole" logo for Kieronononon.
AndroidScholar1
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »

...KKK?

yeah, it's unfortunate when 3 of them stand together Sad we usually try to avoid that situation...

it's the "K-Hole" logo for Kieronononon.

Oh okay, that's easier and less racist to understand now, aha Smiley
Uncutrok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 01:17:08 AM »

This one is really great!  Ive been wanting to make my own t-shirts lately.  It would be cool if we had some tutorials on it.
i found this one the web it might help you
http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/tutorials/create-a-custom-t-shirt-stencil-design

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic