Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:01:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDreamscape (fighting game of the futurepast)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dreamscape (fighting game of the futurepast)  (Read 2201 times)
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« on: March 14, 2008, 06:18:02 PM »

Started this game a year back, but only recently have all of the bugs been ironed out (that I know of anyway). Thanks to everyone who encouraged me at GDC, otherwise the game might still be crashing every 10 minutes.

Dreamscape is a skeletally animated 2D fighting game I made with my school indie gamedev club. We entered it into the IGF with zero success, but who needs recognition when you have FETUS CONTROLLED ROBOT and SQUID LADY:

I recently added a one player mode. If you are so possessed to make your own AIs, just open up the scripts folder. Let the game chill at the title screen for a few seconds and it'll go into demo mode; epic AI battles may ensue.

Originally the idea was to make it easy to add your own characters, but as time passed too much stuff got hardcoded. Maybe we'll rip it all out and re-release Dreamscape as "Mr. Fight Game Maker" one day. But if you want to replace/mod characters, be my guest. Just don't expect the documentation to be all that great.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend a joystick.  You'll have to bind your own joystick buttons at the options menu though. (Xbox 360 d-pad is supported, but not the analogs. You wouldn't actually want to use the analogs anyways, would you?). Another thing, the game can run a bit slowly on low-end computers (3D backgrounds grr...), but it's still generally playable.

Hope you guys enjoy, thoroughly. Comments/criticism welcome.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:24:14 AM by Sifu Peng » Logged

Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 01:16:50 AM »

I keep getting this when I run the exe:

which is really sad, because I was up for an indie fighter Sad got my 360 controller out and everything.

c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 06:54:21 AM »

OH NO!

Is anybody else getting this problem?

edit: I forgot to include the Visual Studio dlls and whatnot, how embarrassing. The problem should be fixed.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 11:36:26 PM by Sifu Peng » Logged

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 10:02:40 AM »

As the art lead of this project, I got to fulfill every Mortal Kombat player's dream of putting myself in a fighting game. Well, a stylized version of myself. ^_^

And if anyone wants a Mac port of Dreamscape, or wants to know more about the animation tool used, pester me after I submit my VGNG entry.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic