Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:33:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Signal
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Signal  (Read 2064 times)
The Hug
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »

Fast-paced puzzle game that asks, "what if someone had to control traffic lights in real-time?
MegaLeon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 10:17:54 AM »

Definitely has potential.
Hope to see some pedestrian gore in there  Well, hello there!

*blog - *tweet - *leon
Sensenmann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 10:35:13 AM »

Sounds good. I concur also with the post above me.
The Hug
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 12:42:12 PM »

Pedestrian gore is all but guaranteed! I am thinking there will be an actual player character who runs from intersection to intersection, manually switching lights. If a driver is waiting too long, they get frustrated and blow through the intersection. Scoring will be based on the numbers of cars that make it across the screen. Collisions or pedigore cause game over.
The Hug
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 01:04:59 PM »

Haven't had much time since the other day (been traveling and at work) but got started making the background/map. It's going to be viewed from above, with 3 roads going up/down and three going left/right, for nine intersections. The player will have to run from light to light to switch the red/green directions. Drivers stuck waiting too long will run the light.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 03:44:25 PM »

Sounds good! I wonder how it will look. I imagine everything as those characters you find on traffic signs.
The Hug
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 11:20:13 AM »

@ Inanimate:

Awesome idea! Definitely noted. Right now I just have an overhead map with green squares for "blocks" and black roads. Using simple,street-sign style icons for cars and pedestrians sounds relatively easy to to, and will look cool. Going to try it out!
ink.inc
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 12:36:48 PM »

Different sorts of pedestrians that cross in different ways would be interesting. Like old ladies on walkers that eke their way across slowly, jaywalkers, etc.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic