Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 07:06:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC ] the Baggage Check
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC ] the Baggage Check  (Read 2013 times)
frederiksen
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:21:27 AM »

Ever wondered about the strange and exciting life of airport security? Yeah, me neither. None the less here's gonna be a game about it:

LINK
Not much game yet. The only interactive part are the three buttons to the middle-right (and you can move the drug dog).

The idea of the game is that you manage the airport security, you get money for every passenger, but the longer they wait the less money you get. But you also get penalized if you let someone through with illegal stuff. The actual baggage check is my biggest problem right now (i know it's not my only problem). I'm not sure how to make it fun or interesting. Should i make it interactive or should it be automatic, how will the upgrades work, what influence will the security men have, etc.
h_double
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:57:24 AM »

I don't quite get what's going on with the demo but it looks like it could have a lot of potential in a Theme-Park-meets-Chu-Chu-Rocket sort of way.

I would definitely encourage you to mimic the art style and palette from the game label, that's such a great, clean look.
tipp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 08:03:49 AM »

I'm not sure how to play, but it looks like it could be an interesting game. Maybe one screen shows the line and another shows the people going through the security check like some sort of mini-game? Anyways, like h_double said, it has good potential. Smiley

frederiksen
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 11:40:04 AM »

haha, seems i have to work on my pitching skills and not put up skeletons of games. This is basically a tower defense game if you will. On the left passengers queue up and you can set up scanners, the passangers than go to a scanner that is free, they get processed and than go to the exit. The exit is just some random point right now. Thats it. But now that i've read up on chu-chu rocket i have to say i like the idea of directing the passengers (and the frantic atmosphere). Will have to think about that. And mini-games.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic