Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:11:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] NIJI (by Pixel from outer space) [FINISHED]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] NIJI (by Pixel from outer space) [FINISHED]  (Read 11803 times)
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 06, 2010, 02:09:22 PM »

NIJI

Description

The rainbow flows from right to left, above it there are some plants, the player must touch them to "explode" the flowers.
On the right side of the screen will appear only evil plants,touching or clicking you will transform them in good plants, when they reach the left side of the screen you earn points, and the rainbow flows more quickly, if a evil flower isn't transformed and it touch the left side of the screen, rainbow will slow down, when it stops it's game over.
There will be plants that bring you to game over instantly, others change screen colors (almost like a trip due to drugs) and others that give bonuses.
             Inspired by

Download
VERSION 0.7

How to play
Touch plants with mouse or touching the touchscreen.

Game Layout

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:29:26 AM by Sengir » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 02:16:16 PM »

haha whats up with that bird
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »

ahaha we think to insert some "extras", like birds, ufo, or something else, if you touch them you can start a bonusgame, or something similar...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:34:09 PM by Sengir » Logged

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 03:48:40 PM »

This is interesting! I like the style you have going, reminds me of old arcade games.
tipp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »

Ooh, I like the graphics, very much bring the cover justice and more. Concept sounds nice, maybe the rainbow also extends down into the sky? I'll keep an eye on this.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 06:22:03 PM »

Really like the rainbow you got going there.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 11:11:14 PM »

thanks guys! Suggestions for making the game more funny are always welcome!!

Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 01:39:45 AM »

we (me and the programmer) decided to insert a bonus game...when you hit three pigeons or whatever, the rainbow starts to shine, and you must put the cursor/finger on it, following the rainbow's line, all the plants will be transformed, and you gain a lot of points, when you wrong the direction of the rainbow, the bonus ends.

Soon I will post some graphics for plants...

Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 02:10:25 PM »

As I promised here you can see some plants for the game...Evils plants have a red outline to recognize them and to distinguish from goods ones...

If evils plants reach the left side of the screen something happens...the rainbow slow down, or you start to see strange colors for a while...any suggestions for others?

deathtotheweird
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 02:37:35 PM »

Pretty cool, reminds me a bit of rescue the beagles.

It would be cool and increase the difficulty if you fucked with the cursor every time a red plant hits the left of the screen. Make it swirl and move about randomly and getting more intense the more red plants fall off the screen.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 10:49:29 AM »

Kiss

hi
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »

Sexy as graphics man  Beer!

astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »

Very PC Engine-ish.  Kiss

Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 07:12:51 AM »

thanks to everyone for comments,many things must be fixed and adjusted, but what do you think at the moment?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 03:19:17 AM by Sengir » Logged

belbeeno
Level 1

video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 07:14:14 PM »

Excellent graphical style.  I love how the music tempo changes.  I'll have to try it again when I'm not using a touchpad.

@belbeeno - website
Buy my dang game, Factory Hiro!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 12:16:53 AM »

thanks to everyone for comments,you can download version 0.4

probably remove this link as I downloaded it on accident.

anyways, the game takes too long before it starts getting hard. and for me the game always ends when I miss a red guy. is that intentional?
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 03:30:37 AM »

the game take too long to getting hard because for now we didn't insert pigeon and ufo that fly, and the rainbow flower doesn't activate the bonus, but when we will implement these things the player will have many possible actions to do...

and yes, is intentional that the game ends when you miss a red flower, for now all the flowers do the same thing if you miss them, but in the future if you miss one, colors change like a drug trip Smiley, or the game ends, or the rainbow slow down...now we have a week to implement as many things as possible, but we don't know exactly if we can do all of them...

anyway thanks for commenting!

miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 05:45:50 AM »

I think it would be cool if you could implement a "flow" meter, i.e. getting flowers improves your flow, while missing them depletes it. That way you could recover from mistakes and still have a challenging game. Just a thought!

Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 06:30:37 AM »

Good game and all around enjoyable.
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 09:51:13 AM »

yes increasing and deacreasing the flow of the rainbow is one of our purpose, some flowers could affect that, getting a more exciting game :-)

at the moment we write [FINISHED] but with the week extension we are working on it a little more...

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic