Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:14:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[CANCELED] The Hobo 2 - Down & Out - Asia, WARNING: Adult and violent content
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [CANCELED] The Hobo 2 - Down & Out - Asia, WARNING: Adult and violent content  (Read 2646 times)
Metaluim
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2010, 06:11:50 AM »

The Hobo 2 - Down & Out - Asia
[/size]

Story

You are Rage the hobo. Ever since your ugly fat wife left you, because of your drinking/smoking habits and complete failure at life, you began to witness a darker side within you. Shortly after you failed to pay the rent and maintain your job as a male prison toilet cleaner, you had to live on the streets. This so called "darker side" has woken and has taken you over. Every living rich person, which passes by you and refuses to even give you a nickel, makes you go berserk. You now have nothing to lose but your trusted rags that serve you as clothes. Go now, and let the involuntary killing spree begin!

Gameplay
This game is aimed as a simple platform action game, with lots blood and (hopefully) fatalities triggered through simple 2-3 key combinations (which appear above the dying enemy). The pace is aimed to be super fast and with fluid animations (sort of combining retro Atari/early NES styles with later 2D styles).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 04:53:10 AM by Metaluim » Logged
Metaluim
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:08:45 PM »

here's the hobo:

Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 05:34:19 AM »

I think you need to work on the description or presentation of the idea a bit because I simply feel sad and a bit disgusted after reading it. Sad

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »

If you think your game has elements that could be construed as offensive, please add a disclaimer on the thread and in the game.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Metaluim
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 11:42:20 AM »

*bump*

Just added further information and rating warning (sorry, didn't guess people would get so easily offended, it's just black humour Tongue)
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 11:48:26 AM »

Oh, don't worry, we're pretty lenient around here. I guess people thought your concept was pretty sad, in fact.

raleigh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 12:15:59 PM »

Haha, I thought the story was hilarious. I particularly like the name Rage.

"Adult content" makes me think NSFW. This is harmless fun.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »

Alright then, no need to worry too much. Just use your common sense. Smiley

Metaluim
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 04:54:39 AM »

This game is canceled for this competition because I won't be able to finish it on time. Some personal affairs had to be solved in this time frame and that left me with little time. I will start to write an engine for the game anytime soon and once the game has anything worth showing, I'll post here, in TIGSource, 'till then...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic