Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 10:39:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC]Bullet & Cigarette
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC]Bullet & Cigarette  (Read 4981 times)
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2010, 07:17:53 PM »

Bullet & Cigarette

Backstory
So, being attracted to both narcotics and violence, I saw this image and loved it. However, I was a bit worried about gameplay, but that all fucking ended when I read THIS shit from the lovely and reliable Google Translate.

The policy of killing enemy cigarette burn out before the HITMAN is on a mission, Hadoboirudoakushonshutingugemu. Attack the Gang stole her! Strike! ! Fire! ! ! Stand up to protect the woman and fell in love Shinjuku night! Dose of bliss is waiting ahead!

So, let's analyze this and break it down into a story and gameplay.

-You're a hitman, a badass one, with a hat. Also you're Japanese, and from my knowledge thus far in life Japan ALL looks like Blade Runner. So, in conclusion, Japan, cyberpunk, hitman, there's your setting and character. Oh and it's either a Platform Shooter (like dishwasher dead samurai) or a Beat em Up (Zombie Shashers-esque)

-"The policy of killing enemy cigarette burn out before the HITMAN is on a mission"
Every mission has a timer that is represented by a cigarette burning down on the top of the screen. You have to kill a mark, simple as that.

-"Hadoboirudoakushonshutingugemu"
This is your dog's name, he sells you weapon upgrades.

-"Attack the Gang stole her! Strike! ! Fire! ! ! Stand up to protect the woman and fell in love Shinjuku night!"
You played Hitman? Remember that sneaking and hiding bullshit? Well fuck that, as the Google man says, Strike! ! Fire! ! ! and WRECK SHIT UP. Also I googled images of Shinjuku, and, just as I thought, fucking Blade Runner. EVERYWHERE!

-"Dose of bliss is waiting ahead!"
You get laid in the end.

Expect art and stuff later. Going for very close to the style on the cart.

Oh and I'll be using music by James Last, because it's too perfect for this setting not to use. I'll probably put an itunes store link in there or something to cover my assets. And nobody tell him, snitches are bitches.

That is all.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:46:19 PM by Keyser Soze » Logged
Paul McCrawfish
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:59:26 PM »

Oh god this is going to be amazing.
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
n/a
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:42:33 PM »

Currently viewing the two pieces of film that are downright REQUIRED to make this game.

Shame on you if you haven't seen both of these hundreds of times.
Zachary Lewis
Level 1

Professional by day, indie by night.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 07:11:28 AM »

I lol'd. Seriously.

Can't wait to see some concept art. I like the idea of a cigarette timer.

guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 08:49:43 AM »

Yes! Sounds kick ass, I hope we can get more gameplay details soon. You should watch the Dirty Harry movies for inspiration too  Smiley

Also, where's this from?  Huh?

MaloEspada
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 08:51:46 AM »

stuff

Spike from Cowboy Bebop (an anime)
UncleJoe
Level 0

You don't like this guy, but you're not sure why.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 08:54:52 AM »

You had me at Hadoboirudoakushonshutingugemu! Really looking forward to this, good sir.

Neither Epic, Rad, Nor Awesome.
Greender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 02:05:17 PM »

When I looked the cartridge I instantly remembered Daisuke Jigen from Lupin III too. You really should watch some of the movies, not the anime it sucks.

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 03:31:56 PM »

Can't wait to play. Cool

hi
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 07:12:53 PM »

When I looked the cartridge I instantly remembered Daisuke Jigen from Lupin III too. You really should watch some of the movies, not the anime it sucks.
I actually meant to post an image from Lupin III when I posted that image, never knew there was an anime so I just posted the first screenshot I could find of those characters. Great movie, and yeah, that character totally looks like Daisuke.

Been basically sketching the art for the game and I figure I'll just end up leaving the sketchy style I've got going in the final product. Have the main character mostly done and a nice little platform shooting engine done up in Flash. Once I manage to do some animations and spruce up the engine I'll throw up a little playtest in this topic. As pretty screenshots seem to be the key to having a popular topic in these comps. Expect it some time tonight or tomorrow.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 10:30:32 PM »

This is genius. I expect only greatness.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 08:00:39 AM »

Superb! Looking forward to this Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic