Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 08:20:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCommander - Demo available! Oh yeah!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Commander - Demo available! Oh yeah!  (Read 2527 times)
j0d1
Level 0

indie@montreal

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2010, 06:48:09 PM »

Hi guys,

I am in the "polishing, trying to make it run at 60fps on the Xbox, web site, bugs fixing" phase of my project and I wanted to show you the direction it's taking. Basically, it's a tower defense (oh, no, not again.) but with a little twist: you can modify the enemies' path with a special gravitational turret.

Here's a bunch of screenshots

I wanted to create a joyful/naive environnement (but still epic) so I added things like :
- Turrets (I call them mercenaries in my game) that says inspirational quotes from time to time (screenshot 4 are only placeholders Smiley )
- Music by Frederic Chopin and simple sound effects

On screenshot 1 and 2 you can see that I made the menus with my ingame stuff because I hate menus and wanted the player to be "right into the game" from the beginning.

Hope you like it. I'm building www.ephemeregames.com right now and I'll try to post news about my progress on my "break times" Smiley
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:46:36 PM by j0d1 » Logged

I\'m currently making the game Commander.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 07:32:17 PM »

I enjoy a good tower defense  Hand Thumbs Up Right and this looks fantastic. Love the nebula backgrounds, they look wonderful.

So, this is gonna be on XBLIG?
j0d1
Level 0

indie@montreal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 07:44:40 AM »

Yes I plan to release it on XBLIG!

I made all the backgrounds with The Pillars of Creation Smiley

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 09:46:45 AM »

I think you should have chosen a better name, it's not google friendly and it is not very attractive if you don't know the game.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
j0d1
Level 0

indie@montreal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 03:42:16 PM »

The original name for the game was Tower Defense Armageddon but it lacked originality. I then went for Neo Commander (because N.E.O. means Near-Earth Objects) and I finally chose Commander because :
1) I don't know any game with that title (I mean, only this word in the title...)
2) It is as simple as possible, which is one of the keywords of my design (yeah I know we all strive for simplicity...)

I didn't really care about Google when I chose the name but now that you mention it, I probably should have called it Super Sexy Commander : A tower defense videogame. Smiley

j0d1
Level 0

indie@montreal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 02:54:14 PM »

I'm participating at the 3rd Independent Game Developers’ Competition hosted by IndiePub Games, which means you can play Commander, like right now ! (well after a little 200mb download. Damn you, XNA Windows releases that keep music uncompressed).

For this competition, I made a special first world where you can taste most of the features of the game so you’ll have a really good idea of the final product.

DEMO HERE: http://www.indiepubgames.com/game/Commander

Please let me know what you think of it / what should I do to make it better Smiley

j0d1
Level 0

indie@montreal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »

I made a blog post about how I created the dynamic enemies' path for my game.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic