Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1305479 Posts in 58306 Topics- by 49398 Members - Latest Member: Jako

July 23, 2017, 06:36:59 pm

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] I Was A Vegas Showgirl - [Now Finished!]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] I Was A Vegas Showgirl - [Now Finished!]  (Read 18782 times)
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 02:46:10 pm »

I beat it, it was fun, it was funny, it was nice

0rel
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 10:08:51 am »

Hey Ali, so great you've continued with this! Coffee Really liking it so far. The characters/graphics/music/mood are very well done! Easy and fun to play, the overall experience totally works for me... But I can give more feedback later, when I played more.

The only small thing I came across was that I somehow missed that some choice menus do have a scroll down function (5 dance types...). Otherwise the tech works correctly so far. Didn't know of that nifty Dage engine, seems to be very useful...
Igor Hardy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 06:54:34 pm »

Finished. The girl showed some really nice moves at one point. I also found it all surprisingly cinematic.

I really liked how the ending was seemingly going into a very cliched sequence of events... but those proved to be the wrong ending.

0rel
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 07:15:32 pm »

Ahh, now I got it... Durr...?

Some minor points:
*) The music doesn't automatically start after you save/load in the suite.
*) When I try to interact with the p., right before stack goes back to the b., the menu doesn't work correctly (it shows up, but is inactive in some way...).
*) After starting the game, you can load a save-game directly from the zip, is this intentional?
*) The game crashed, right before the end...  Cry (Access violation at address 00492267 in module 'Showgirl.exe'. Read of address 00000226. The lost the log file, but it said something about "index out of range, -1..." or something like that.) With the save-game from the zip, it works fine though...
*) Recurring dialogs could be skipped/sped up by hitting space?

These are my only crits... I totally liked this game! Not too long, not too difficult, just right... entertaining and well done!

(*inspired by the camera work, the scenery and the animations...* Beer!)
Ali
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 02:23:25 pm »

Thanks for the feedback guys! In response to Orel's detailed notes...

*) The music starting is an issue with the way saving and loading works in this version of DAGE, I think Pauli is fixing/has fixed it.

*) I must have missed that bug. I'll wait a while to see if any more appear and then I'll upload a fix.

*) Yes... I think the save game in the zip may be an oversight...

*) I'm sorry to hear about the crash! Without the log it's hard for me to tell if that's a DAGE problem or a me problem, but I'll see what I can do.

*) I've read another complaint about skipping text, but I forgot to mentioned in the manual that E skips dialogue! I also forgot to mention about scrolling dialogues... whoops! If I get to upload a fix I'll correct those points too.
0rel
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 05:21:20 am »

Great, thanks...

*) I must have missed that bug. I'll wait a while to see if any more appear and then I'll upload a fix.
Ok. (If you would like to reproduce it, you could just try to hit the p. after waiting for different amounts of time... It might show up again.)

*) I'm sorry to hear about the crash! Without the log it's hard for me to tell if that's a DAGE problem or a me problem, but I'll see what I can do.
Yea, maybe it was something about restoring the "states", after save/load, cause I can't find that behavior anymore...
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic