Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411951 Posts in 69435 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Maiu

June 12, 2024, 01:08:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Preserving colors when exporting from Photoshop
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Preserving colors when exporting from Photoshop  (Read 1098 times)
aschearer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2010, 07:45:42 PM »

I've had this problem for a while but haven't really cared enough to fix it until now. Basically in Photoshop the colors look one way, brighter & better contrast, but when I export for web (or import directly into Flash) they seem to lose some of that and appear duller, washed out. Does anyone know of a way to avoid this problem? It's really knocking some of the punch out of my project.

Thanks in advance, Alex

My site: Spotted Zebra
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 11:34:06 PM »

Well, when you save for web the colours are saved as the closest hexidecimal colour to the original that you chose. Hence, they change slightly, so that the colours are safe to display on the web. I suppose you could always just save the image as jpeg and then upload that. The colours would look fine to you but would still be different for some other people though.
As for flash, sorry I'm not sure. I don't really use flash.  Huh?
aschearer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:44:49 PM »

Thanks for your help Aquanoctis. Ultimately after a lot of research I feel like the issue was with my color profile + proof settings. I'm still not 100% sure about what was wrong or whether I've completely fixed the matter but I now have my workspace in Monitor/LCD Color and it seems to be correct. Here's a useful link if you see similar behavior about the topic:

http://viget.com/inspire/save-for-web-simply

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 12:22:26 AM »

One thing with Flash is that when importing raster images, it will automatically display them as compressed jpegs.  You'll want to right-click the images in the library, go to Properties, and set the compression to Lossless(PNG/GIF).

aschearer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 12:24:47 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Markham. I've run into that issue in the past and even now forget to check the appropriate box sometimes. Is there a way to change the defaults?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic