Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 08:42:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Obligatory Educational Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Obligatory Educational Game  (Read 1888 times)
Biggles
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 12:18:08 AM »

Yo, I see no one's taken this one yet, so I'm going to have a shot :D

Am taking the cover illustration quite literally (otherwise, what's the point, eh?).  I'm thinking Micro Machines style racing, with lots of true and false statements everywhere, true ones speed you up, false ones blow up and slow you down.  That's the basics, though I have a bunch more stuff I'd like to put in if I have time.

Prototype is up and running using the excellent FlashPunk.  Am quite proud of my glowing tron-style F1 car sprite and glowing text effects.  Currently struggling a little with tile editors, none of them seems quite able to do what I want it to... may have to write some python functions to convert xml all over the place...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:01:18 AM by Biggles » Logged
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 12:45:44 AM »

You need to post the case you are using.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 02:44:29 PM »

If you're looking for level editors, the Ogmo Editor seems to have been made specifically to be used with FlashPunk, and I hear many good things about it.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Biggles
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »

Hi guys!

Inanimate > fixed!  Sorry, was in a bit of a rush this morning : )

Melly > Yep, I'm using ogmo, it's great, but has its limits.  Have spent way too long today trying to implement a sort of mega-tile/mini-tile system... so now I can design the tracks using big tiles (like, one for a corner, or a straight or whatever) but that actually gets translated into mini tiles for the game to use (helps with collision detection + getting normals and makes it easier to change/switch out the underlying graphics across the board)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic