Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:30:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioSenko No Ronde Music
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Senko No Ronde Music  (Read 1671 times)
Stahlkaiser
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 02:04:01 PM »

I want to hear more music like the one this artist creates

Thanks for any posted songs or artist/music genres

BTW: How is this music genre called?
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »

It's industrial with electro influence in there too, this is an awesome track. Honestly never tried this genre before though, can't say I know anybody personally who does, good luck on your search Smiley

Stahlkaiser
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 02:32:16 PM »

Thank you will keep on searching according to what you said Smiley
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 06:54:43 PM »

I don't listen to much electronica, but the Ridge Racer series' soundtrack is along these lines. Check artist sanodg out.

Stahlkaiser
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 04:42:14 AM »

Yes, really similar and nice sound, thanks! Smiley
anosou
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »

Well THIS is my kind of topic. Senko no Ronde (and Senko no Ronde DUO) has a BRILLIANT soundtrack by Yasuhisa 'YACK.' Watanabe. This guy has a body of work the size of Japan and was part of Taito's in-house sound team for quite a while.

His latest soundtrack are really nice electronic/jazz blend with brilliant shimmering production. His style has been very similar throughout his career but the sounds have grown more and more sophisticated. Along with Senko no Ronde and Senko no Ronde DUO some recent ones that are worth checking are Border Down, Rei-nana (if you can find it) and his tracks on Custom Robo Arena, Street Fighte EX2 and EX3, Technictix, Psychic Force 2012 and all his arrangements post-2007.

I'm quite the huge YACK-fan (he's a nice guy too btw) but the one thing I've learned is that his style is incredibly hard to emulate. Gotta go straight to YACK. for that YACK.-sound. Now and then Shinji Hosoe can come close but it's never as floaty and peculiar.

Anyway, glad I'm not the only one who likes this kind of music. If you wanna know anything else, just ask. I'm quite the VGM buff  Durr...?

EDIT: And yes, sanodg's good (and ALSO a nice guy!). The whole Namco team of old is pretty good and has a distinct style. Tekken Tag Tournament soundtrack spearheaded by Yu Miyake, Akitaka Tohyama, Keiichi Okabe and previously mentioned Nobuyoshi 'sanodg' Sano is amazing. Ridge Racer and Tekken are great soundtracks that are at least electronic but not really YACK.-style imo.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:25:57 PM by anosou » Logged
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 08:51:50 AM »

That song sounded kind of like some stuff by Infected Mushroom.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic