Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:59:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Tales of Unspoken world. vers: 0.8.7 [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Tales of Unspoken world. vers: 0.8.7 [FINISHED]  (Read 56808 times)
LiquidAsh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »

Nice interpretation of the coverart style in 3d.  I like how the ground textures look as you are running and jumping.
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 10:10:28 AM »

tnx LiquidAsh  Wink

in the case anyone did not notice ( and did not read the "read me" file...) game save a screenshot in the game folder of your deaths as well as your final score (the sum of the 3lvls run), anyone reached 10.000?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:40:21 AM by santaragione » Logged

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 10:17:20 AM »

well, we've been away from home for more than a week now, we thought we might had a chance to fix a couple of issue on the game, but no, no time at all plus, the compo is coming to an end, so we might just put a [FINISHED] tag on the topic title, and that's it for now  Sad

I think we'll have a chance to work on the game in the near future, there's a couple of other ideas we want to include in the final build; we'll find the time :D

tzachs
Level 1

Look normal...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 11:25:10 AM »

Finished the three stages, really loved the gameplay and atmosphere.

I must say, that I first played the pc no-hands version, and only then saw the hands video, and I think that the hands totally ruin the immersion... I mean, when I played the game, I didn't even think I was human, I thought I was some kind of horse creature, and it was really fun, I say lose the hands!

astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2010, 01:33:47 AM »

Amazing visuals !
Nice to have both he MAC & PC version. What technology did you use ?

deathtotheweird
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 02:10:41 AM »

he used unity (pro)
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 05:55:06 AM »

tnx tzachs :D well, another vote for the "no-hands" build, we'll seriously think about that, many preferred the no hands version.

tnx astrofra, yep, as allen sad, it was unity pro, we actually took a chance to try the unity 3 beta (that's why we don't have an in-browser version, beta does not support it yet  Lips Sealed )

Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 09:30:24 AM »

freeware game pick on indiegames today - http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/08/freeware_game_pick_tales_of_th.html

ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 04:56:15 PM »

I like this a lot, but on the PC version (the only version I tried), it was not obvious how to quit the game.  The ESC key seems to do nothing.  Am I missing something?

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 03:05:59 AM »

wow, i was not expecting this, not at all!  Cheesy

tnx theta :D (btw i know the quit problem, but i won't get back home till the 9 of Aug, we'll fix the problem asap Wink )
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 03:23:09 AM by santaragione » Logged

miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 08:20:24 AM »

I gotta say I vastly prefer the game with no hands, too. I really enjoyed this, it felt just like running in a dream. Actually, like most people, I can't run in dreams, so it was really cool to get a taste of what it should be like :D I want to see a version of this with longer levels and not so much emphasis on going super fast to clear the big jumps - my favourite part of the game was just running and jumping and breathing in the environment. But anyway my appreciating for this game goes beyond the sum of its parts. I think you've made something very special.

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 02:59:15 AM »

after the game got on IndieGame, we recieved an other tons of votes for the "no-hands" build  Grin ...btw, thanks miconazole, I appreciate your comment, makes me really think that we could make something out of this demo  Well, hello there!

OneSwitch.org.uk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »

Fantastic atmosphere. Love the various sound-effects if you just hang-around too. You must have had a lot of fun with those!

Would absolutely love a version tweaked for better access for otherwise disabled players. Here's my wish-list...

1. Menu accessible using the game-play controls (up/down arrows and SPACE bar).
2. Way to quit from the title-screen.
3. Pure one-switch mode (SPACE BAR).
4. Speed control over game (give option to slow down for players with slower reactions).

Would open the game up to a range of otherwise excluded players.
chris_b
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »

after the game got on IndieGame, we recieved an other tons of votes for the "no-hands" build

I think the hands are nice idea because they give the graphics a clear sense of scale - but they should maybe look more like the rest of the graphics, eg. like this sort of thing (just a simple "find edges" type of filter):

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »

I think the issue is that the hands really don't look much like how hands move when you're running, and they fill too much of the screen.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2010, 07:37:14 PM »

Some of these environments are really beautiful. I really like the contour lines on the ground in the third level, and the grass in the forest level moves really nicely.

I'd love to play it on someone else's computer- mine's rather slow and I feel like I didn't get the full experience.

Nice job!
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 02:56:21 AM »

I think the issue is that the hands really don't look much like how hands move when you're running, and they fill too much of the screen.

after the game got on IndieGame, we recieved an other tons of votes for the "no-hands" build

I think the hands are nice idea because they give the graphics a clear sense of scale - but they should maybe look more like the rest of the graphics, eg. like this sort of thing (just a simple "find edges" type of filter):

sense of scale, that is the precise reason of having hands...we also tried the "outlined" version before the first release, but it's not working ether...in our opinion, hands should be low poly models (lets say a n64 thing), with a very hard-edge black and white light.

thx for the feedback guys  Wink
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:59:35 AM by santaragione » Logged

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 07:01:35 AM »

You really nailed the atmosphere on this game. The graphics and audio were both fantastic. The gameplay was extremely simple, but it wasn't bad either. I'm glad I got the Windows version, since after watching the Mac version, I can say it looks a lot better without hands.

It seemed like there was a bit of a delay before you jumped. It'd be nice if there were a few more frames where you could jump before you fell into a pit. Many times I jumped when I was sure I was on solid ground, only to find myself falling into the pit.

It'd also be nice if dying took you back to the menu instead of restarting the level. I couldn't find any way to leave the level other than restarting the game.

Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2010, 07:46:41 AM »

Really like this one Smiley hope I'm not doing a disservice by describing it as a 3D Canabalt... love the atmosphere.

Counterpoint to Soulliard - I quite liked the "build up to jump" - added a bit more "uhohtherestheendoftheplatform" to it - needed to anticipate the end.

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »

When I try to run the most recent build I get the menu screen but after I choose any of the levels this is what I get:

The HUD is active and I can tell that I'm running and jumping by the sounds but the visuals freeze like this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic