Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:49:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosNew audio studio - Austin
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New audio studio - Austin  (Read 4997 times)
AlexBrandon
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2010, 06:37:14 PM »

Greetings all!

Having played independent games on Kongregate and Xbox Live! for some time now I'd like to throw my new company's hat in the ring. Website first, it should have a good intro reel as well as service descriptions for anyone interested:

http://www.funkyrustic.net

I have worked on many commercial projects such as "Unreal" and "Deus Ex" and part of me longs for games with smaller budgets and schedules but just as fun to play. Please email me if you're interested at (spaces and parentheses added for spam etc.. blah blah Smiley

abrandon (at) funkyrustic.net

Hope to hear from you!

-Alexander Brandon
oganalp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 07:05:37 AM »

Greetings

Is this "the" Alexander Brandon? Deus Ex, Unreal...? If yes, I bow before your masterpieces as a music composer =)

Oganalp

www.oganalp.com - Composer, Singer.
bauer
Level 1

Codes games & makes music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 05:19:36 AM »

This is too awesome to comprehend, I've spent a lot of my younger years rocking out to the Unreal soundtrack! Beer!

soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 11:16:35 AM »

I don't think Alex needs any introduction, it's great to see you here!  The music behind the Epic Megagames gems were some pretty deep inspirations in my own work.

http://ocremix.org/info/Composer_Interview:_Alexander_Brandon

hi
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »

I used to rock out to the Unreal OST also. One of the first games games that I ever played with realistically metal tracks. (Not that Crue Ball was bad or anything. If anyone remembers playing that on the Genesis. Grin)

AlexanderBrandon
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 09:46:19 AM »

Much obliged all! Hope to be able to contribute to some awesome indie games at some point.

Seriously, anything and everything I'm interested in checking out. Any ideas on who to chat with about this sort of thing? Back in the old days it was as easy as getting in touch with Cliff on CompuServe. Now, not so much Smiley

-Alex
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »

I.. I love you Alex. There, I said it! It's Chris Geehan here btw, one of the smelly HyperDucks Smiley Great to have you on the boards lad!

Dragonmaw
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 02:41:23 AM »

Alex Brandon? Seriously? I have the soundtrack you wrote for Deus Ex ripped straight from the game. I listen to it regularly. Holy shit!

Insofar as places to go, good places to chat on the boards include:

- Technical > Music (for obvious reasons!)
- Indie Games and General for more relaxed, generalized discussions
- TIGIRC for fast-paced conversations (info is at the top of the forum, on the right-hand side)
- Feedback and announcements to give your opinions on games and important developments in the community (this is the most important one!)

I personally love TIGIRC and love getting new people in it, but I'm biased, since I'm a moderator there.

Hope to see you post more!
ink.inc
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 02:45:30 AM »

holy fuck

need to change pants
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 07:20:20 AM »

holy fuck

need to change pants
The UT soundtrack rocks my socks. Tracker music at it's finest was the best thing ever.
If I had something of the quality of "GO DOWN" in my game I'd be very happy.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
AlexBrandon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 09:57:58 AM »

Again, great response! Well, lemme know if you'd like another "Go Down" type tune. Cool news to follow about a new effort JUST for indie games.

-Alex
bigGIANTcircles
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »

Cool news to follow about a new effort JUST for indie games.

-Alex

In the meanwhile, everybody go listen to this Wink http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01914/

MCSquared
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »

Very cool!  I still remember listening to a ton of Alex's tracks for 'Tyrian.'  Awesome top-down shooter with a sweet jukebox/starfield feature built into the main menu.

I've also had the pleasure of listening to/speaking with Mr. Brandon at GDC/E3 a couple times in the last few years.  Super professional, very approachable, and definitely an inspiration.  Congratulations on the the studio, best of luck!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic