Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 10:08:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)So I suddenly feel like making an esoteric language [M-Code]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: So I suddenly feel like making an esoteric language [M-Code]  (Read 3531 times)
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 08:48:24 PM »

Looks like there are a ton of them already. Why not make a joke game dev IDE? An IDE that makes crackheaded games no matter what you try to do.

MDICKIE: An IDE devoted to 3D games about beating stuff up. But no matter how hard you try, it can't be used to piece things together right, so your finetuned worlds always look like something a computer came up with after watching a lot of bad movies and asked to make a simulation of their settings.
Crimsontide
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 09:06:56 PM »

Speaking of esoteric programming languages. 

The 1-operand languages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_instruction_set_computer) are always kinda interesting.  When I have some time I'd like to try my hand at making a 1-op interpreter for a GPU (use either CUDA or maybe OpenCL).  That way instead of being restricted to 1 kernel run over 1000's of threads, you could have each thread run its own 'kernel'.

Now the big question is, how to make use of 1000's of asychrnous threads.  I'm not sure what I'd compute or simulate, but I bet it would be cool.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic