Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:11:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFramework (Puzzle/Adventure/Action)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Framework (Puzzle/Adventure/Action)  (Read 1209 times)
UnemployedVillain
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2010, 10:00:54 AM »

So I've kinda scrapped my previous game idea, it just wasn't working out and I didn't like the direction it was going (too far from the original idea). Anyway, I've got a brand new idea that I think you'll really enjoy, assuming I can create it. It's called Framework

Background
You're a character in possession of the power to "freeze the moment", basically stop time. During these time stops you're able to move around, and move objects around and even defy the laws of physics but the toll is that you're constantly losing health while it's happening. You're also in possession of a DNA module, able to carry a limited amount of DNA (fingerprint, hair samples, etc)

Premise
The idea is that you frame people for crimes. You're given very specific guidelines and placed in a setting with a crime committed. You're job is to find all the necessary elements that would have been needed in the crime, place them in the correct areas and get out. The idea is to use your power to manipulate objects in the environment while characters are unable to move.

Gameplay
As I'm still working out the details the game will be one of two perspectives, either top down (think traditional 2D RPGS) or sidescrolling. Top down might work better.

EVERY object in the environment is interactable. Meaning all can be moved around, assuming they can physically go wherever they're being moved to. All objects also have properties such as weight, hitpoints and size that determine how fast you can move them and if they can be broken.

Your job is to find the necessary elements to commit the crime, put them in the right place, plant the DNA and escape. An example scenario:

Frame BUSINESSMAN for stabbing BOSS

Starting Items: BUSINESSMAN fingerprint, BUSINESSMAN footsteps
Setting: The house of BOSS

So you'd start the level in the bosses house. To complete the task you'd have to find a knife, place a fingerprint on it and put it either on/by the body. Also you'd have to make a footprint path from some open exit (a door, window, etc) to where the knife is and to where the body was

Scoring:
Well, the most obvious scoring would be based on how little time you took to complete the task. Then it'd be based on how "convincing you made it". For instance, if you put footstep in places where you took items from, if you used the correct murder weapon (putting fingerprints on a hammer for a stabbing makes no sense), and how little you disrupted of irrelevant items around
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic