Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:57:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessScientific experiment into "Humble Indie Bundle" style pricing/donations
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Scientific experiment into "Humble Indie Bundle" style pricing/donations  (Read 8090 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 10:15:09 PM »

one thing that bugs me though about these game-related charities is that everyone always chooses child's play as their charity. child's play is not a sensible charity, they're about buying videogames and giving them to kids with cancer etc. -- i know that's comforting the sick and all, but the benefit of doing that is very small compared to something like kiva (where you give loans to the working poor in third world countries so that they can expand their businesses etc.)

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »

Jeff Vogel made a blog post on donations and pay-what-you-want:

http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/2010/10/should-games-sell-for-donations-or-is.html

I agree with pretty much everything, except his view that "casual, disposable, impulse-buy games" are best fit as donation-ware. Donations rely on a solid fanbase. I don't see "casual, disposable, impulse-buy games" as having fanbases that would actually donate.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic