Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:02:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesContest: Convince me to buy your game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Contest: Convince me to buy your game  (Read 6584 times)
gameproducer
Level 0

GameProducer.net

View Profile WWW
« on: March 22, 2007, 04:31:50 AM »

I've just launched a contest, where you guys should try to convince me to buy your game Smiley

The basic idea is, that I will be checking comments on my blog entry and will buy  game or games from suggestions. I will also mention winner (and perhaps some other games as well) when the contest ends... so it won't take much of your time, and gives you free publicity. Plus - I get a nice game to play Smiley

P.S. You can also convince me to pre-order your game if it's not finished yet... Smiley

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 05:16:07 AM »

"make sure you take a look at my latest casual game “Feyruna - Fairy Forest”." - Jochen Kaercher

"Retro 247 Games says that “Bonbon Quest is a solid, no-nonsense piece of platforming “collect ‘em up”, offering a generally slow-paced blend of thought and action.”" - Oliver Pearl

"I could recommend my game Bound Around.
But i don’t, it’s not for everyone: Lame graphics, crazy hard levels, …" - Blueskied

"I have made a new game, perhaps you want to try it? I am offering 30% off! It will be very cheap, but I think its fun. I hope you will try??" - SMiyamoto99
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 05:26:05 AM by Alec » Logged

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 07:38:31 AM »

wow, isnt this pretentious.

gameproducer
Level 0

GameProducer.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 07:38:49 AM »

Hmm, where did you find that "SMiyamoto99"??

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 09:10:25 AM »

My game doesn't cost any money.

Therefore, "purchasing" it doesn't set you back anything but bandwidth.

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:15:39 AM »

Hmm, where did you find that "SMiyamoto99"??

Huh?
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »

That's a quote of Shigeru Miyamoto from 199 Lips Sealed

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 04:10:28 PM »

199? 1999? I don't think shiggy was around in the late 2nd century.

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 04:43:03 PM »

What, didn't you learn about Emperor Shing Ling Ding Ding Shigeru Miyamoto Wing Fing Shing Ling? What the hell do they teach in school these days anyway?
Oddbob
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 12:39:09 AM »

A part of me died inside  Sad
gameproducer
Level 0

GameProducer.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 03:50:07 AM »

Umm... I like... don't have a clue what you guys are talking about  Roll Eyes but anyway... the first 3 quotes - those were from the contest thread.

With my logic, I assumed that the last quote would be also from the contest page. I don't know where he picked up this: "I have made a new game, perhaps you want to try it? I am offering 30% off! It will be very cheap, but I think its fun. I hope you will try??" - SMiyamoto99

So... that's why I asked where he picked it Smiley

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 04:02:55 AM »

"BUY MY GAME! BUY MY GAME! BUY MY GAME!"
   \
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 04:13:18 AM »

Umm... I like... don't have a clue what you guys are talking about  Roll Eyes but anyway... the first 3 quotes - those were from the contest thread.

With my logic, I assumed that the last quote would be also from the contest page. I don't know where he picked up this: "I have made a new game, perhaps you want to try it? I am offering 30% off! It will be very cheap, but I think its fun. I hope you will try??" - SMiyamoto99

So... that's why I asked where he picked it Smiley

SMiyamoto99 is the (well-known) online handle of Id Software's John Carmack. He's been taking a  slightly different direction with his games lately (guerilla marketing being one new tactic being employed) and his new game is a very colourful game where you play a big grey rock. The object is to go around the colourful galaxy and squash everything flat to make way for a space superhighway. I think it's a comedy but it might be serious. Anyway you can read the designs for the game which are publicly available at his web site in a password-protected zip file hidden behind an encrypted web page, the link to which is concealed as a single exclamation mark in the terms and conditions page for one of his least popular older games for the 386.

rz.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 01:04:29 PM »

GUYZ WUT IS NINTENDOS??!!!!1
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 11:32:04 PM »

I think the games should do the convincing. All the person who made a game can convince others to do is to try their game. But it's really the games themselves that have to convince people to buy it.

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 08:18:10 AM »

I think the games should do the convincing. All the person who made a game can convince others to do is to try their game. But it's really the games themselves that have to convince people to buy it.

This was the first thing I thought, although it was more in the form of "Convince you to buy my game? Why the fuck should I? I don't even want you playing my game anyhow, you indecisive git. I'm too indie to advertise! Now fuck off!"

But as an experiment, it has merit. I'm not sure what that merit is. But it has one. I'm pretty sure.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic