Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411999 Posts in 69443 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Umiii7

June 18, 2024, 06:10:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTotally Tiny Arcade - Free until Monday
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Totally Tiny Arcade - Free until Monday  (Read 2471 times)
frosty
Level 1

ice cold & refreshing

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »

Overview
Race through an arcade full of classic minigames! It's a bit like WarioWare meets MAME, with a cheesy 80's plot added in.

If this sounds familiar, it's because this is a re-launch of a game I made a couple of years ago.  (see below)

Totally Tiny Arcade Website

Why the Re-launch?
For a bunch of reasons, the original (Joystick Johnny) never really got much attention, which has been bothering me because I spent a full year making it.  So I finally decided to spend the past few weeks making a ton of improvements, plus a new name and improved website.  I'm still lousy at promotion, but have some ideas on how to do it better this time.

What's in it:
- 27 Minigames (over 100 levels)
- Personal online scoreboards
- A hidden 8-bit treasure in every game
- Soundtrack by Makke, of C=64 remix fame

New in this version:
- Over a hundred fixes, gameplay changes, and graphics updates
- Lower price
- Invite-a-Friend system lets you share the full game with 3 friends

Get It Free
From now until Monday you can get a complimentary Full version here:
http://totallytinyarcade.com/getit.php?r=tig

The only thing I ask in return is to let me know if you run into any issues, or have any feedback to offer.

To compete with other TIGerians, you can use the scoreboard TIGSOURCE

Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 06:52:44 PM by frosty » Logged

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 09:38:09 AM »

This is really cool!
I think I'll put this up on Reddit later today.

knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:09:29 AM »

This is sooooo amazing  Epileptic . I just finished playing it for 2 hours straight. I have to say my favorite game so was was Hogger. Kind of sorry I got it free because you worked so hard on it. My only wish for this game is for more mini games but its great just the way it is as well.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »

Kickin', TY. I'll mess with it a bit, and see what I can find. It may be a bit before I'm online again.

jfroco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 09:24:04 PM »

Hello,

Just downloaded it.

Unfortunately it didn't work in my PC (HP notebook with Vista and spanish keyboard)
It didn't register wasd or cursor keys so I cannot play (or even move in the menu). Oddly enough I can insert a coin and press start (space or enter).

Sad

Good luck.

JF
frosty
Level 1

ice cold & refreshing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 02:12:40 AM »

Hm, that's weird.  I think I've heard of that happening before when someone has a non-standard peripheral plugged in, which might be sending a signal on the joystick port.  Maybe try unplugging/disabling anything like that and try again.

You can also open up data/logs/support_snapshot.htm under the game directory and submit that form.  It should contain startup data regarding your input devices that might help me figure it out as well.

jfroco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 07:47:54 AM »

Hello frosty,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

You were right, I have Parallel Joystick Port installed (that I use with wii controls), I deleted the joystick and it worked very well. I plugged a Xbox 360 controller and it worked well too.

The game is fantastic and I feel sorry for getting it free. Congrats.

I really liked the Oddysey 2-like fonts and hated the Candy Lander game  Wink

Best regards

JFR (in the scoreboard)
frosty
Level 1

ice cold & refreshing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 06:55:23 PM »

Since the free promo on the indiegames blog was until Monday, I am extending this one until Monday as well.  So you have a bit more time to check it out, if you haven't already.  =)

Thanks!

Dozer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 07:13:41 PM »

It was definitely a fun little game. My fav would have to be the zombie shooter Tongue

An interesting little idear... Maybe to make some extra money you could sell little packs for the game that add new minigames. Dunno how well that would work but figured I would throw it out there. Thanks for the free game :D
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 05:28:56 PM »

Mock Anger WOW. Seriously. How did you pack so much awesome into such a simple, straight-forward blast? It has everything great about the 80s short of a Flux Capacitor. (And that's not totally impossible, I still have 3 treasures to find/collect. Those are VERY WELL hidden, and I won't spoil it much, but O-Type's had me busting up for about 5 minutes. Brilliant!) I could see this gem going for $10/copy on XBL or iPad/Touch.

I do understand the irritation about Candy Lander, however. It's not that it's untrue to the original material, quite the opposite. It may be a little "too true" to it, given how different it is from the typical flow of the game. You always have that looming timer that drives the players to play well, and play quick - and that's a game you just can't do that with. Maybe doubling up the momentum (and countersteering momentum) could help that a bit, possibly even 250%'ing it. Up Your Alley suffers from this as well, but not quite as badly. (And WTF do you do to get that bag?! No, don't really tell me, I'll figure it out... someday...  Lips Sealed Hand Shake Right )

Personal favorite subgames:

O-Type, Moonwalk Patrol, 1492, Ninja 1999 (especially L4!), Car Hunter, Star Chores and WW3

Games I avoid:

Candy Lander and Up Your Alley, clearly. And Hail Mary, just because I suck at it past L2 (or I get it done quickly).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic