Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:08:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsI Trust You
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I Trust You  (Read 3290 times)
JoGribbs
« on: July 23, 2010, 06:15:00 AM »

I Trust You is a platformer I have been working on and off for a couple of months now. Most of that time has been spent ironing out various bug, but (mostly) everything's working now. I'm having a lot of fun designing levels and plugging in various new mechanics.

The music is being worked on by Javet, and the stuff he's sent me so far is pretty excellent.

Right now I'm putting the finishing touches on a playable demo to try and drum up some excitement. That should be out in the next week or so. Updates will appear semi-regularly here, and I will do some updates on my personal blog. Comments/questions/suggestions welcome! : )
compositeredfox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:20:28 PM »

I love how it looks!
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 03:18:55 PM »

What a beautiful game.
MaloEspada
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 03:26:29 PM »

Looks pretty interesting.

Also I can't wait to listen to more Javet awesomeness! : D
JoGribbs
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 05:05:57 AM »

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Still working away on that demo : )
sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 04:20:27 AM »

Great aesthetic. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
JoGribbs
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 03:19:52 PM »

Hey Guys, guess which game Demo I've finished?

I'll give you a clue: it is this one.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 03:49:01 PM »

Could we play said demo?
JoGribbs
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 04:24:46 PM »

A demo is like fine china.

You have to make sure the china doesn't glitch out by using it over and over. You also have to fix glitches because nobody wants to drink tea from your fine china if it ends up tasting like Grape Fanta or some shit (that stuff is seriously nasty).

The good news is that sometimes there might be only a few problems with your china. The bad news is that the glitch in your china concerns one of it's key aspects, like the handle, or the part that holds tea. If you let everyone use it right away, they would surely notice what was wrong, and silently judge you for the rest of your days.

So yeah, in the next 12 hours essentially.
ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 05:14:48 PM »

I love the colors!
I am looking forward to playing this demo.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
MaloEspada
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 06:21:17 PM »

I may ask: are you using the pxtone dll for this? If so, high five.
JoGribbs
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 05:51:22 AM »

UFPTC (update for people that care)

That's a bit longer than 12 hours, huh?

So since I finished the demo, I've been trying to fix the wall climbing. The only way to get up from a wall involved some weird animation glitch, which is fine for designing levels and playtesting and whatnot, but I felt odd releasing it to everyone like that. The good news is that I've completely changed how I handle climbing, so now when you get to the top of a wall there's a nice little hop onto the platform.

Also, previously the character would only jump a short height. The idea was that this was more 'physical', and that verticality would be achieved by climbing walls rather than hopping around like a lunatic. However, as I have been messing around with the game, this 'physical' focus is clearly no longer guiding the project. As such I've changed the jump from 3.5 to 4, which has radically changed the game, and made the demo I designed obsolete.

Bear with me -_-
JoGribbs
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 09:32:33 AM »

the demo is shorter than originally planned.

Gives a good idea of how it plays/ looks in motion though. Interested for feedback : /
MaloEspada
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 10:04:47 AM »

Music is nice. The gameplay is a bit slippery and I found it a bit frustrating at times. I think you should start the run animation sooner, it looks like the player slides for the first frames and it's kinda ugly IMO.

There isn't much in the demo so, yeah.
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 10:12:45 AM »

I found the movement really slippery and hard to work with. I think I died on that first jumping part after the second arrow/checkpoint 30+ times. It just took him way too long to stop.

There really wasn't too much in the demo yet. Generally though, I liked the music, the simplistic graphics were cool, but I found the slippery movement far too slippery Smiley

Dozer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 12:17:10 PM »

Pretty fun, but some of those jumps (the first difficult one where you jump from platform to platform and they get smaller and smaller and then there is a long jump) were extremely difficult until I got the hang of the physics. Also, found a bug. I couldn't replicate it anywhere except for the end screen so it may not be important but if I jumped against the walls I seemed to bounce.
JoGribbs
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 12:36:33 PM »

I have been playing the game so long it's hard to get a grasp on whether things like movement are easy for new players. I'm so used to it at this point : )

your comments have been filed in my brain for me to worry about.

Also, found a bug. I couldn't replicate it anywhere except for the end screen so it may not be important but if I jumped against the walls I seemed to bounce.
<_<      >_>
Umm okay let me work on that.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic