Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:34:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTurnShip: Isometric Steampunk Strategy
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TurnShip: Isometric Steampunk Strategy  (Read 2451 times)
Ratchet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2010, 10:37:24 AM »

Hi TIGSource! Gentleman
I want to show you the demo for our first game at Propellor and Ratchet.

TurnShip: Skies of Ourl is a 2D game made in python and pygame. Unfortunately, it's heading towards bloat and, for now, we don't really have the time to finish the full version. We've gathered what we have together, and offered it for download for Windows and Mac, as well as the source.

This demo is meant for multiple players, so it's best if you and a friend can both download it and play against one another. There are more instructions here, but the basics are:
Click on a ship to select it.
Drag a path from a selected ship to move it. Shift-click on an adjacent square to turn on the spot.
Click a weapon icon to fire (hover first to see the AoE).

If you want to try it alone, host a server with the Notes set to "debugplz", and join it. That way you can test the basics of the game.

If we manage to continue with the game, there will be more multiplayer modes, a full single-player campaign (including the rest of the ships), and a twist ending.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:53:02 PM by Ratchet » Logged

Bander
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:59:46 PM »

Cool, always happy to see some more indie strategy games Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin!
nice screenshots, and your devtime photos makes me wanna enlist some buddies to form a studio of my own.

I tried the source and used debugplz in the notes, but got an error when the game started, though im still on pygame 1.8 Durr...? (I'm gonna fix that). I'll see if i can help with some bugreporting soon.

Im also making an isometric Strategy type of game and Im also using pygame Smiley
where in the source can i find your isometric geometry stuff? would be nice to see if i can learn some thing from it.

regards

Ratchet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 01:39:33 PM »

I think Maps.py if where you want to look, although I'm more familiar with the Interfaces bit of the source. Propellor and Battery are the coders, I'm the artist/musician XD

Enlist your buddies! It's so much more fun to make things in a team than alone! (Although in my experience it usually consists of making fun of each others' space- and air-ship designs with "looks a bit like a penis to me...")

If you still get errors after upgrading pygame, I'd be grateful if you could post the error for me to have a look at; I've had to upload the 52MB Mac version three times now XD

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic