Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411999 Posts in 69443 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Umiii7

June 18, 2024, 06:11:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSuper Avatar World - XBLIG (free game codes and a contest in here, too)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Avatar World - XBLIG (free game codes and a contest in here, too)  (Read 1186 times)
arrogancy
Level 1

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2010, 06:17:43 AM »

Hey everyone, I just wanted to take the time to make a quick announcement regarding our recently released platformer for the XBox 360 on the Xbox Live Indie Games service: Super Avatar World. In the game, you and up to three friends take control of your Xbox Avatar and platform your way through 16 levels, solo or cooperatively.

Since this was a quick and dirty platformer made to test and button down our engine, we made every attempt to make it as cheap as possible and reward the player for giving us enough feedback on it to use in our next, more ambitious sequel/update of the game, in which we’ll truly try to create one of the best experiences on the system. We’re listening to all feedback on it, and using it all to really button up the next release and provide the “perfect” release –less “floaty” jumping, less loading (which was a release coding issue that we have to figure out), and harder levels are all things that are noted and will be addressed.

Due to being a quick, experimental release, as opposed to a real for-profit venture, the game is priced as low as possible (80ms points, or 1 dollar, which is the cost of buying your avatar a hat or something on the service). We also unlocked everything in the (Microsoft forced) trial so that you can have the full experience while playing. Also, in order to give something back to people that take the time to play it, we have a speedrun contest in which people can compete to win up to 1,000 MS points, included in the free trial so you don’t have to buy it to play.

So, please check out and tell others about the game, email us feedback so that we can include your suggestions in the future, major, release, and try out the contest if you like to try and win some free Microsoft Points! Thanks for reading this thread and trying out or game/telling others!

Media and links:

Download link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802585505b8

Video of the game in action (current speedrun leader): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lksDIkqTg-U#t=01m06s

Contest site and rules: http://www.arrogancygames.com/contest.html

Also, here are a few codes (they work on a first come/first served basis, if one doesn’t work, it means someone already used it) to be used to buy the game for free, too, since we’re trying to make the game as “free” as Microsoft will let us to as many people as possible.

JKMTT-2HX2K-V67FQ-K6HTB-D2F4B
VPHMD-T9X4X-3GX77-VMG34-FP3BQ
KMJCP-P9YM3-4JM2V-P9KT7-2B6YT
QJ99C-W6CMB-CJKPY-KGRXR-638RJ
MP8PQ-2CFBT-JVKWD-HBHJ2-YXPFM
BW6WR-8GKVW-KYCVP-G9BRX-QD8RQ
Kekskiller
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 06:54:22 AM »

I'm tempted to ask why it required 99 posts by you.
arrogancy
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »

I wasnt going to respond because I thought 100 posts might reset my posts Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic