Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 09:40:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignGames that lets you control more than one character at the same time
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Games that lets you control more than one character at the same time  (Read 6180 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 11:01:36 AM »

http://db.tigsource.com/games/poto-cabenga

agersant
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 12:41:44 PM »

Biohazard 0 for the Gamcube achieved that pretty well.
The player controls two characters during the whole game, he can switch by pressing a button. When the two gather in the same room, he can use the controller's right-hand stick to control the additional character (which was way too hard since Biohazard's control scheme is already hard to master with one character). Fortunately, you could also set the options so that the additional character would be AI driven.
Dozer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 11:34:51 PM »

http://www.kongregate.com/games/jlb32/twin-cat-warrior

Platformer...

Seems like I just get them both on top of each other and press the corresponding direction keys at the same time so that they both move as one entity... If you are planning on doing something akin to this you should definitely come up with some way to make these games actually fun ;P
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 12:26:57 AM »

Cortex Command? You can switch between actors, in any case (lost vikings does that too if I remember correctly), though you don't actively control more than one at a time.

namre
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 01:45:13 AM »

If you are planning on doing something akin to this you should definitely come up with some way to make these games actually fun ;P
Yeah, that's what I want to find out with this game mechanic I've thought up. We shall see. hehe. BTW, thanks for the link!
Godspeed You! Gabe Newell
Level 0

feel it all around

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »

I've had this idea for a shmup for a while where the screen is halved in two vertically.

On the left side you control a white ship flying upwards fighting against a constantly transforming black ship, on the right side you control a black ship flying downwards fighting against a constantly transforming white ship. It soon becomes apparent that you are FIGHTING AGAINST YOURSELF and when one kills the other, an alternate timeline is created and the ship that lost is changed slightly yo.

Also dodging obstacles at a high speed.

Plattfisk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 06:43:12 AM »

In the fighting game Blazblue, there's a character that works sort of like that

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 07:36:48 AM »

ICE CLIMBERS

i-in smash bros i mean

Lo
namre
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 06:06:04 AM »

In the fighting game Blazblue, there's a character that works sort of like that

Hmm... interesting to see it in a fighting game. Hmmm... this has given me an idea! Hohoho. Thanks Yin.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 02:05:39 AM »

You may have a look a desync in smash bros:

Technically it's not multiple character but in smash bros, advence pit player control the main character with up to 4 arrow at the same time, while fighting.

magnum_opus
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 08:53:18 AM »

The Adventures of Cookie & Cream for the ps2 in single player mode.

MrMog
Level 0

It's all thanks to bone density!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 02:12:11 AM »

There's a really cute/fun platformer on XBL Indie called Go Go Ninja Bros! (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550322/) where you control up to 4 characters in unison, sharing the same movement, but different jump buttons (characters stay in spot when they jump). A simple idea but easily becomes insane (I only managed to make it up to level 10 Sad on normal).
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic