Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411999 Posts in 69443 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Umiii7

June 18, 2024, 06:10:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallEarth Tower Defense is finally released.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Earth Tower Defense is finally released.  (Read 1011 times)
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2010, 12:00:34 AM »

Flash Game Link: Earth Tower Defense

I've finally released Earth Tower Defense after an unsuccessful sponsorship try Smiley

Earth Tower Defense is a simple Tower Defense game that I based off of Gemcraft.  It was my first time working alone and the first time I FINISHED a Flash game.  I had a lot of fun making it and feel like I've learned quite a bit!  The game seems to be getting slightly above average reviews (3 out of 5 stars or so).

The game features 30 levels and over 25 enemies.  It should take an hour or two to beat everything.

Some people on the Kongregate forum have been reporting some bugs and I've been addressing them as quickly as possible.  If you find one, let me know!

I should be doing a post mortum on the Jr. Jellybeans blog soon.  The post mortum will include my experiences designing the game as well as the mochi ad stats that the game is receiving thus far.  I'll probably wait a month or so to release it.

In addition, I'll probably release the source code soon.  I tried a lot of new things with this game (like blitting) that I hope people can learn from.

Any comments or questions are greatly appreciated!

kelkka
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 03:06:20 AM »

yea i played it. It was too hard and too many levels imo. It shouldve been like a WC3/Starcraft defense, where all the levels play in the same kinda "map" so to speak.
The "skill-tree" was cool, but it got kinda lame building the same shit over and over for every new map.

I skilled the things that gave more cash and bomb-damage and then i just played with bombs, 0 towers hehe. I got to level 9 then it got too repeating, the first levels was fun though.
 Coffee
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »

Using bombs is strategy I never heard about.  I'll probably make bombs less powerful then.  Thanks for playing.

That's a good suggestion.  For some reason, I'm obsessed with that map style.  I'll be using it in my next game as well...

But, thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate it!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic