Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:57:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[DEMO]Black Hide - Retro Overhead Zombie Killing (Mini Game Added)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [DEMO]Black Hide - Retro Overhead Zombie Killing (Mini Game Added)  (Read 4646 times)
kingdiz
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2008, 06:14:07 PM »

Well since you guys know best, I think its time to ask you for some advice, suggestions and feedback on my latest project: Black Hide - Infected Occasion.

I love retro games myself and therefor I create "kinda" retro games, but with some improvments. I've always loved zombie movies (day/dawn of the dead and so on). What happens then? A zombie killing game, with much blood. Some other things I can be bathered about is the fact the the enviorment of games can't be affected by the player to much. Doodads look good, but if I throw a hand granade on them, they still lie around like nothing happens. Almost everything can be affected in one way or another, you can almost "clean" a room with your weapons. Okey now you wanna see what it looks like:

http://kingdiz.se/bh/demo1.PNG - The main menu (not final).

http://www.kingdiz.se/bh/BHScreen4.PNG - No one likes toxic waste.. not even you..
http://www.kingdiz.se/bh/BHScreen3.PNG - Minigame: Zombie Drive.

I've also created a demo. Its rather small and contains the first Chapter of the story mode. Some sound fx are missing (recording right now) and I only have one song.

Get the demo here (3.5 Mb): http://kingdiz.se/bhdemo.zip

Controls
Move - Arrow Keys
Use weapon - Space
Use Granade - Ctrl
Weapons changes using "1" "2" or "3"

Other
There will only be one character.

The game will have different chapters. There will be little or no conversation, but the title of the chapters should reveal what to do (there is only one way to go in the end, but its not always clear what way to go which forces the player to explore each level). Once or twice you'll play the minigame (driving car) so you won't go on "autopilot". I deliberately skiped a long story since.. what is there to say? Shit happens, zombies tries to kill you, you have a gun and no problem shooting them to save yourself. There will be an intro later on, but it wont reveal to much. (look at half-life for example. Shit happens, creatures try to kill you, you find guns..)

I had a hard time thinking of "special features" for this type of game. I wanted to create a run-shoot game with much blood. As I said in the main topic, what I tried to do: make almost every object "alive". The ability to blow up computers, destroy barrels, shoot at corpses(they'll bleed.. more), if objects are near an explotion (for example, you are near a desk filled with book, papers, pens, disks) they will fly around the room.

Well, as I said advice, suggestions and feedback!

Thank you for your time!!!

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:42:53 PM by kingdiz » Logged
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 04:15:46 AM »

I haven't played the game yet but I checked out the screenshots. The general mood seems to be there but it's hard to tell what's going on in the screenshots. The racing mini-game is quite clear tho Smiley

So, how do you play this game? You move with arrows? Shoot and aim with mouse? Can I change weapon? Are there different characters? How big the game is gonna be in terms of levels? Any special features you added to bring some originality to the zombie-rampage, run-and-shoot style?

I'll try to play the demo later...
Take care!

kingdiz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 12:58:04 PM »

Great questions! Thanks for the help!
I forgot that part hehe:
Controls
Move - Arrow Keys
Use weapon - Space
Use Granade - Ctrl
Weapons changes using "1" "2" or "3"

Other
There will only be one character.

The game will have different chapters. There will be little or no conversation, but the title of the chapters should reveal what to do (there is only one way to go in the end, but its not always clear what way to go which forces the player to explore each level). Once or twice you'll play the minigame (driving car) so you won't go on "autopilot". I deliberately skiped a long story since.. what is there to say? Shit happens, zombies tries to kill you, you have a gun and no problem shooting them to save yourself. There will be an intro later on, but it wont reveal to much. (look at half-life for example. Shit happens, creatures try to kill you, you find guns..)

I had a hard time thinking of "special features" for this type of game. I wanted to create a run-shoot game with much blood. As I said in the main topic, what I tried to do: make almost every object "alive". The ability to blow up computers, destroy barrels, shoot at corpses(they'll bleed.. more), if objects are near an explotion (for example, you are near a desk filled with book, papers, pens, disks) they will fly around the room.

I'm planning on doing 8-10 chapters, including the minigames, then I'll think that it will be enough. How long time that will give the player is still unclear to me since some took very little time while others took at least twice the time. I'm guessing that a speed-run of the game should take 1 hour or so, thats all I know right now. The full beta test should tell me more.

Thanks!!   

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 12:51:55 AM »

You're Swedish TOO?!

Wow, we're everywhere.

kingdiz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 04:46:46 PM »

Of course, we make the best stuff Wink

Anyways, lots of downloads, no comments Smiley Is it that good?! Tongue
kingdiz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 05:39:35 AM »

.. no comments at all? Well then I consider this done Tongue
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 05:44:52 AM »

My guess is that people are still playing through all the VGNG games. Give it a week & I'm sure people will get back to you.
kingdiz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 03:14:49 AM »

Well, I just have to wait then Smiley
DestronPrime
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 04:56:15 AM »

Didn't play it at first for the discription was not in the post I read further for the discription was in the next post and then I didn't download

YAY! For not grammer...!
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 05:33:41 PM »

If you put [ img ][ / img ] around your links, the pictures will show up in your first post which will undoubtedly get more people to download (take out the spaces!). Downloading now.

First impressions on story mode: lots of bits on the ground I thought were keycards at first. Combat with multiple zombies is kinda fun but, one on one is pretty boring. Also since zombies dont chase you room to room it's easy to just run past. I think the combat could be improved with your bullets doing more damage, the zombie slashes doing more damage and there being more zombies and more complicated (maze-like) rooms (eg. corners to duck behind in the middle of the room etc). This is just after playing the first 5 mins tho.. had to close cuz I'm @ work  Cool
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:13:07 PM by MekanikDestructiwKommando » Logged

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
kingdiz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 01:45:04 PM »

Yeah one on one ain't to fun in the beginning, but that just to get the player in the mood. About damage, I'm thinking of having easy med and hard where bullets do more or less dmg also player taking less or more dmg. More zombies will there be, don't worry I just don't wanna throw them at the player in the beginning.
More "maze-like" rooms will there be, and of course "hidden" areas (secrets).

I'll add a tutorial to explain everything aswell so the player will know what to pick up. Thanks for the feedback!
kingdiz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »

Okey! New demo! Added a try of one of the minigames called Spawn Room. You are in a room and zombies spawn Smiley Kill them!! It actually very fun hehe
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic