Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:09:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessIndie Game Dev Support Group
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Game Dev Support Group  (Read 1770 times)
Pepwuper
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2010, 09:27:02 AM »

Hi everyone,

Indie game development is a lonely process, and I've been thinking it'll be great to have some kind of support group for indie developers to communicate and support each other, to give feedback on others' ideas and games, and to share resources and helps to each other. The various forums serve this purpose, but at the same time I desire something more personal and tangible, something specifically for small teams of dedicated people. I am thinking to have bi-weekly Skype conference calls for participants to give updates on their progress and to talk about their challenges and how we can help each other.

What do you think about this idea? Would you be interested in participating in it? This is just something I came up with this past weekend so the idea is still very rough but I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

increpare
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:33:47 AM »

Could organise something on tigvent, which came into existence for similar reasons.  There used to be a lot of people there, but it's empty most of the time now.

I probably wouldn't be able to commit to participating, but it sounds like a fine idea.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 11:36:55 AM »

hop on tigirc, which for some reason isn't linked to anymore on the front page.

Pepwuper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 10:47:47 AM »

Cool thanks for the information. I'll start with those first.  Gentleman

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic