Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411999 Posts in 69443 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Umiii7

June 18, 2024, 06:14:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMaze Raiders
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Maze Raiders  (Read 1734 times)
runevision
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2010, 08:08:05 AM »

Hi, Rune here (my introduction post)

Maze Raiders is a two-player game where you need to sit two persons by the same computer to play the game. The objective of the game is to run around in a maze and collect more gold coins than your opponent, and to shoot him and steal his coins. The game sports randomly generated mazes each time you play to keep it fresh.

Play Maze Raiders here (with the Shockwave Player plug-in):
http://runevision.com/multimedia/mazeraiders/game/

Page about Maze Raiders (also has download link for Windows):
http://runevision.com/multimedia/mazeraiders/

Maze Raiders was actually made back in 2004. However, back then there was no indie game movement to speak of so we had nowhere to announce the game - particularly a game of such a small scope. All we could do was submit it to software distribution services like Tucows and FilePlanet. Ha, things sure have changed since then! Since the game hasn't previously been "announced" anywhere in the indie game community, I thought I'd take this opportunity to put the game online and let others know about it. (I hope that doesn't violate the rules of this forum - if it does I apologize!)

Though we were all game design novices (and still are, haha), we managed to balance the rules to make for a frantic game. When all coins in a maze are collected you have one minute to try to steal coins from your opponent. During this time the player with fewer coins moves faster than the other player. It's just enough that it's not too late to change the tides, and it makes for a panicked final chase before the time runs out, sometimes with the roles switching multiple times.

Grab a friend and give this game a shot together. : )

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic