Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:34:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkProgrammer for Terror Bikes by cactus & messhof on iPhone
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer for Terror Bikes by cactus & messhof on iPhone  (Read 6977 times)
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:51:40 AM »

We were supposed to do this project with Mark Johns a while back, but it kind of died out because of some financial difficulties.

If anyone's up for porting the game to iPhone+iPad, let us know. We imagine it'd be done in Unity, but we're open to other ideas. All we can offer is an equal threeway split, minus money for the musician. Both me and messhof do have kind of a following and get a fair amount of publicity, so there's a chance it'll be worth it in the end, but there's no real way of telling.

The trailer pretty much sums up the gameplay of the game, and should allow most people to get an idea of how difficult it would be to program.
bpp
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »

I recently bought an iPod touch for the purpose of learning to create apps and games in it. If you're good with learners I'm in Tongue
GZ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 03:12:31 PM »

Posting just to say that's a really fair split and this is a great fit as a mobile project. Any reliable iPhone / iPad developer out there should jump at this.

Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »

Would love to give this a go - I'll see if I can throw a quick demo together from looking at the video, suspect the hardest bit is keeping that speed up on the phones.

(that and keeping the graphical style - ah well, I'll have a bash using Unity see where we get to Wink)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:01:08 PM by Flimgoblin » Logged

skateborden
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »

I'm interested! I'm a Unity developer, and I recently did an iPhone port of an educational game for my local university, so I have Unity iPhone experience. You can see some game prototypes I've made on my website: http://blog.dreambuttons.com/games

My favorite is Spanish Gold (http://dreambuttons.com/spanishgold/) the game I made for the Global Game Jam, and other than that it's mostly educational prototypes, but I really want to do awesome indie stuff.
an01f01
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 11:31:40 AM »

I am not an experience iPhone dev, but I have been working on the webos Missile Defender.  What did you use to create the game and how is the level data loaded?  I really wanted to try on an iPhone game.

PM me or post back here.

Thanks!
imaginationac
Level 2

Makin' games instead of makin' money.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »

I'm interested! I'm a Unity developer, and I recently did an iPhone port of an educational game for my local university, so I have Unity iPhone experience. You can see some game prototypes I've made on my website: http://blog.dreambuttons.com/games

My favorite is Spanish Gold (http://dreambuttons.com/spanishgold/) the game I made for the Global Game Jam, and other than that it's mostly educational prototypes, but I really want to do awesome indie stuff.

Youtube channel | Charger! Dev Log

rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 08:07:33 PM »

Well, I don't know if you already found a iPhone developer for this game but I definitely interested in this opportunity. I'm quite experienced with Unity and several other languages/platforms so this would be no problem at all for me.

Oh, and if you need some music I'd be up for that too. I write all the music for my games.

newobj
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 08:35:57 PM »

Any interest in porting it to XBLIG? (I'd rather play it on an Xbox, personally...)
jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 09:09:12 AM »

I am interested in talking and in the split. I am not a unity dev, but I have an app in the store that is built in openframeworks.

bauer
Level 1

Codes games & makes music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 11:26:38 PM »

Any interest for Android development? Beer!

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 08:49:54 AM »

*waiting for the Perl and forth devellopers to stand up*

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
OrR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 04:14:55 PM »

In case this gets done in standard C++, SDL and OpenGL, please port it to webOS as well! Should be rather simple then and there is a lot of space for interesting games in our app catalog. Smiley
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 08:57:15 PM »

I think BeOS is the only logical choice. There is no discussion to this.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic