Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:29:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWonderbros
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wonderbros  (Read 1605 times)
i wanna be the guy
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:36:55 PM »

Wonderbros is an open world platformer. You take control of Hunter and Shawn, two citizens of the "metropolis" where the game takes place. Now, while it is referred to by most as a metropolis, it is actually a large military state that has been walled off into 9 separate districts which are primarily filled with poverty stricken families and others struggling to avoid homelessness. Hunter and Shawn are two completely unrelated citizens from different areas of the city who eventually become involved in the downfall of the state's leader.

The gameplay itself is fairly simple, each playable character has two different weapon types and a handful of attacks for each.

Main Characters:
Hunter:

A prisoner and citizen of "District 1". District 1 is the poorest section of the city, and little more than a prison, and the remnants of the original village that spawned this military state. Hunter specializes in shotguns and explosives.

Shawn:

One of the generals in Harvey Bahr(the state's elected leader)'s army, he is in charge of District 4. In contrast to Hunter, he begins with more connections and access to more weapons. Eventually however, he realizes why Bahr has been building such a large army and resigns from his position as general. Shawn uses a revolver and several laser based attacks.

There's no screenshots available yet due to the game still being in the fairly early stages of development, although we do have a mockup thrown together to help show things off
Most things in the mockup are obviously not finished(what are backgrounds??? Durr...?), and subject to a lot of changes.

But yeah, I'll be posting updates here every now and then.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:11:58 PM by Track Eleven » Logged
Dozer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:13:51 PM »

I love the rough look of the UI and the tileset looks superb. Shawn looks excellent, only complaint I have is that the folds in his shirt are totally static. I like Hunter's design quite a bit, but he looks too plain.

And that background I am actually enjoying quite a bit. The fading is quite nice. It just needs a little more something too distinguish it from the foreground.

Gameplay sounds nice. Nothing revolutionary, but sounds quite enjoyable nonetheless. Good luck :D
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 05:13:53 AM »

Still looks cool. What was wrong with reviving the old thread?
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 06:32:08 AM »

lookin great. keep it up.

i wanna be the guy
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »

What was wrong with reviving the old thread?
Kinda forgot I had that thread haha
Anyways, I've been really slacking off on this lately. Bought Mass Effect 2 and played that pretty much all of last week (welp). Getting back to work on this, almost done with the final draft of the story. Haven't really been in contact with cboyardee so hopefully he's still interested in working on music for the game.

anyways, here's some animations to give this thread something other than a small update on the status of the project. Probably gonna revisit Shawn's idle to make it less static

Shooting is still pretty WIP, I haven't bothered to clean that up past the shading yet.

all of Shawn's attacks will be useable while running (which means cutting and pasting torso/leg combos should be pretty easy to do given the width of the waist is pretty consistent throughout the animations)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic