Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:57:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Love Trampoline [finished]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Love Trampoline [finished]  (Read 12239 times)
Zaphos
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:31:58 AM »

Based on the love letter cover -- we give you the overly literal interpretation ... Love Trampoline:

Love Trampoline
by James "Falsifian" Cook and Jimmy "Zaphos" Andrews
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:53:40 AM by Zaphos » Logged
Curseman
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 02:44:46 AM »

Hey, you did a pretty good job with this!  I love your interpretation of the image, and how every level's challenge was unique.
increpare
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 02:50:05 AM »

two rags:

1: window was too high for my resolution (standard macbook pro resolution) - I didn't know there were hints at the bottom for a good number of levels (I think until failing at the one with the heart sorting), and for one of the later levels with the chomper and the three couples to reunite I couldn't see everything I wanted to see at once.
2: java/processing stuff stalls my browser completely for several seconds when loading.

I also liked the interpretation, and the levels were cool and varied. 
CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 03:03:12 AM »

That was fun, I liked the way the chompers seemed to get more aggressive when they'd eaten some hearts.

LiquidAsh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 06:41:58 AM »

Really liked the interpretation, and gameplay.  Especially the varried objectives and challenges they present.  I'm not sure whether this is a bug, but stretching the trampoline off on of the sides, and letting it pop back in gives the objects a pretty ridiculous boost.  I especially liked the inverted-pachinko machine style levels.  Very nice work!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 10:54:48 AM »

Zaphos, your thread title lacks "[AGBIC] ".

Looks good, lemme try it.

EDIT: Alright, tried it out. Really interesting interpretation. The bouncing mechanic felt pretty random most of the time and I had difficulty making precise moves in some levels that required them, but it was pretty enjoyable overall. Nice work.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:31:34 AM by Melly » Logged

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 11:32:52 AM »

Great job! The gameplay was very smooth and the trampoline physics were perfect. I did have the same problem as Increpare though, my screen resolution was too low to see the entire screen at once. Everything else was great, very fun!  Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

Zaphos
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 12:39:42 PM »

Thanks guys!

I should have expected the resolution issue, oops!  I can put a little 'pls scroll down' message as a temp fix maybe ...
For people who can't see the whole applet -- how much can you see, as a rough percent?  How many pixels tall would you guess is 'safe' for an applet?

Zaphos, your thread title lacks "[AGBIC] ".
Oops, fixed now!

The bouncing mechanic felt pretty random most of the time and I had difficulty making precise moves in some levels that required them
Any levels in particular stand out as frustrating?  We tried not to put two tricky ones in a row, so at least you could skip them if you wanted .. we didn't have much playtest time though so not sure if we succeeded!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 12:51:53 PM by Zaphos » Logged
increpare
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 12:13:30 AM »

two screenshots

1: page as it currentl loads with browser window maximized.

2: trying to get the top-part all in view.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 09:32:25 AM »

How tall is your screen resolution anyway Increpare?

Also, you could try pressin F11 or whateer is the full screen key on your browser so it fills the whole screen with no abs or buttons showing.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Zaphos
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 10:03:05 PM »

Thanks increpare!  Looks like 500 pixels tall without requiring scrolling, 600 pixels tall with scrolling, is about the limit on your machine -- I bet that's not too uncommon.  We might be able to shrink the game down to 600 pixels tall ... and I'll definitely keep these limits in mind for the future!  At-most-600 pixels tall seems like a good rule of thumb Smiley

@Melly -- I guess maybe it's 1024x768?  Probably not that uncommon a res ...
Good point about the F11 -- maybe I can suggest that in the little message above the applet.
gingerbeardman
Level 0

#agbic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 02:15:47 PM »

Nice work. Love (no pun intended) the concept

Daily Driver for Playdate https://www.patreon.com/dailydriver
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 05:35:19 AM »

This one was a great surprise, and is a really interesting adaption of the cart. I had great fun playing. Good work.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

KarenB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 11:12:02 AM »

Loved the style, the physics and the variety of tasks! Well done!

http://artofkab.blogspot.com - My online portfolio

http://fivehoursleep.blogspot.com - my sketchblog

http://karenb.deviantart.com - My deviantart profile
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic