Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:39:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe game involving Zachary and General "Wreckage" (working title)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The game involving Zachary and General "Wreckage" (working title)  (Read 1400 times)
phoenix26
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:06:36 AM »

So, really my game has no name but I thought the current title to this post would be better than "The Unnamed Game" Wink. At the moment, there are a bunch of things going on in parallel (in terms of development). I'm currently working on the engine for my game, my wife is doing character descriptions and a general story arc and my friend is doing concept art based on descriptions and other "suggestions".

The game is an adventure game featuring two main characters that you will be able to control. You can read more about them at my dev blog if you're interested, but I thought I'd share the concept art we've go so far with you.

Zachary

General "Wreckage" McGee
phoenix26
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 08:49:23 AM »

I've been working on an app that I can't script out dialog sequences in, and the app will be able to generate the code needed to recreate those dialog sequences in game. I used it today to script out the first piece of dialog in game and it worked well, which I'm pretty stoked about.

Ange and I have begun scripting out the first sequences in the game which will be guiding the player through the games controls and mechanics (for those who haven't played an adventure game before). I'm trying to make this sequence as unobtrusive as possible and to be part of the story so that there won't be a clear distinction between "this is the tutorial part of the game" and "now I'm actually playing the game". There will be puzzles and examples of most of the things the players will have to do throughout the rest of the game, while still advancing the story.

Ronnie has been polishing up General Wreckage and did a sketch of another of the characters. So here's something pretty to look at:

The Evolution of General Wreckage over time

Mr Megatronius

There are more details on my dev blog @ http://phoenix26.wordpress.com

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic