Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:05:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGSmall-Time Scorched Earth Invasion *COMPLETE*
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Small-Time Scorched Earth Invasion *COMPLETE*  (Read 16620 times)
gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2008, 05:48:56 PM »

This is basically a mass up game. I massed in Scorched Earth with Space Invaders and Missile Command. The Small-Time in the title refers to the development process Smiley

Download: scorched_release1.zip (6.2 MB)

You play as the scorched earth tank and your job is to defend the earth from space invaders. Move with "A" and "D", aim with mouse and fire with left mouse button.

Space invaders and your rockets will do damage to earth if they hit the planet. Try to survive as long as you can.

The game was coded mostly during the last day of the competition, on a laptop which I normally don't use.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 05:56:14 PM by gummikana » Logged

Petri Purho
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:01:22 PM »

This is really good! I love how you can have one or two little rockets orbiting around the planet like little moons. Very fun too! Grin
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 07:05:02 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It's a shame this doesn't have more replies, because it was pretty fun.

I liked how if you missed your target, you'd have to destroy your own missile. That prevents cheap players from spamming missiles.

gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 12:50:07 PM »

Thanks guys! I think the lack of replies is because of the uninteresting name and pretty boring looking screenshots.

Or it could be that I've insulted the Tigs community and it's giving me the silent treatment in return.

Petri Purho
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 02:24:48 PM »

There are so many games to play i didn't even reach yours yet. Tongue
Be patient.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Daniel Benmergui
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 02:34:48 PM »

The game picks up very slowly...I had to wait for a while before starting shooting out crap!

The missile behavior is cool...but haven't mastered it yet. Smiley

Daniel.
Ludomancy
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 03:55:30 PM »

I really don't understand why none noticed the game... it is brilliant xD
It's really fun with all the gravitation-physics. It just feels good.
The music is awesome, by the way. I'd just shorten the time between the beginning of a round and the actual battle.
(voting for you... Tongue)

BaronCid

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 10:57:40 AM »

This was good fun. One gameplay issue I found was that if I fired at full power at a tangent to the earth the rockets would orbit the earth creating a protective shield. This meant I could just continuously fire without moving and rack up a huge score. Good stuff.

zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 12:36:45 PM »

That is sweet!  I love the gravity effects on the rockets.  I was definitely my own worst enemy the first time!  After a little work I was able to get an orbital defense of missiles and then launch through that at incoming baddies.  A very cool effort.
Cheers,
--Zack
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic