Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:11:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWarlock Bentspine - Finished game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Warlock Bentspine - Finished game  (Read 11906 times)
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 06:13:29 PM »

You got to admit, installing a whole new OS isn't exactly the simplest thing to do. First, if the OS is not free, you're paying through the nose to get the OS, and if you want to buy a Mac OS then you have to invest in hardware. That little install now might put you in the range of $1000 or more. Just saying.

A browser game is a good idea because it is easier to monetize via ads. And if you put the hard work into a game you shouldn't be ashamed to make a profit off it.

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 06:31:57 PM »

You got to admit, installing a whole new OS isn't exactly the simplest thing to do. First, if the OS is not free, you're paying through the nose to get the OS, and if you want to buy a Mac OS then you have to invest in hardware. That little install now might put you in the range of $1000 or more. Just saying.

Yeah. I was more irritated with his attitude about it. If you have a Mac, you should expect difficulties playing Game Maker games.

...if you put the hard work into a game you shouldn't be ashamed to make a profit off it.

Fair enough. I was making a joke on this point.
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 07:32:08 PM »

Yeah, I'm kind of perturbed by the fact that GM is not cross platform like say, Unity. But I guess something is better than nothing, right?

Sorry about flying off the handle about the money thing. Some people take it very seriously that indie = starving artist, which just annoys me.

Android-Music
Level 0

Musician, That's all.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 10:53:15 PM »

Paint By The Numbers, are you posing? It's all begins with "it is possible to port" and ends with total posing? Listen, I didn't show my attitude at all and I'm not going to tolerate childish insults like yours.  Also if you say this is TIGSource, what do I have to think about all community, huh, patriot? Maybe I show myself a little bit harsh, you trip the whole community! If you got some nerdy crap to say, you know what "PM" was created for, I'm not going to flame this topic anymore. Apologies to the creator for the topic, the game is more than awesome, excellent graphics, gameplay and soundtrack!Edit: lower posts prove my words.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:23:16 AM by Android-Music » Logged

http://georgedziov.com/
Try my new metal pack - http://gameprefabs.com/products/show/399
Game Developers O.C. - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/144438572289633/
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 11:07:51 PM »

I'm not going to flame this topic anymore.
Praise Allah. You know your signature, Android? I'd take it to heart a little more often. Either that, or tone down the dickish behavior.

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 11:39:19 PM »

Paint By The Numbers, are you posing? It's all begins with "it is possible to port" and ends with total posing? Listen, I didn't show my attitude at all and I'm not going to tolerate childish insults like yours.  Also if you say this is TIGSource, what do I have to think about all community, huh, patriot? Maybe I show myself a little bit harsh, you trip the whole community! If you got some nerdy crap to say, you know what "PM" was created for, I'm not going to flame this topic anymore. Apologies to the creator for the topic, the game is more than awesome, excellent graphics, gameplay and soundtrack!

God damn. I see someone being an unwarranted dick, I call them a little selfish and crack a joke, and they respond with... this. I don't know what "tripping the whole community" even is. Edit: I don't understand what half of this means.

You haven't been here too long, and neither have I, so you get a bit of slack. But please, please, please, if you're going to continue posting in this forum, don't randomly become stand-offish because someone didn't give you the right kind of (completely free) game, and don't go off on tirades like this. Maybe you should have sent me a PM if you're going to clog up the thread like this. Edit: I will not apologize to you; you should be apologizing to me. Also, using the Cool smiley does not make you cool, any more than you calling me a fag.

Dear Lazrool:
I'm sorry about this argument screwing up your thread. So far I've only played a few screens into your game and it's looking very nicely done. I'd have to agree with the comparisons to Megaman - even the sound effects remind me of it!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:49:38 AM by Paint by Numbers » Logged
Lazrool
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 11:28:02 AM »

my life is ruined.
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 02:04:06 PM »

my life is ruined.

Yeah, life will do that to you.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 02:47:37 PM »

Yeah, life tigsource will do that to you.

there ya go
ortoslon
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 09:37:13 PM »

re-recorded my playthrough with better framerate and audio balance

Lazrool
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 02:47:19 AM »

Coincidentally I am planning on remaking dis game with all the critique given in mind.

So if you have some more critique you are more than welcome to give it.

Here is a quote from Poppenkast about the things I plan to do differently:

- Remake the intro into something that looks good
- Shorten levels by cutting off rooms and having rooms of different lengths
- Spice up levels by having minibosses/challenges/stage quirks
- Remake sewer boss so it isn't so shitty
- Add more attacks on plant boss
- Lengthen the last stage
- Add lives, when you run out you are thrown out of the stage
- Add checkpoints, when you turn them on you respawn in that room as opposed to the room you died in
- Armor is dumb, the second bar is reserved for experimentations involve attacking enemies in order to fill up the bar and thus providing bonus X for duration Y

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic