Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411803 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 07:27:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDarkLight Dungeon
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: DarkLight Dungeon  (Read 4451 times)
jzoeller
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 12:40:28 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. If you invest some skill points into the cartographys skill you will be able to use the automap, that will help in the dungeon. Also on the settings dialog there is an option for Field of vision, you can select between 45, 60 and 75 degrees, though I think it looks best in the default 45.

I should be posting another large update tomorrow. I'll try to get some of those interface suggestions into it.

Thanks,

Jesse
deathtotheweird
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 02:01:06 PM »

I can't play it.

jzoeller
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 03:47:15 AM »

Do you have the latest .Net framework installed. There is a link to it on the downloads page.

If you continue to have problems send me an email, its on the main page of the website.

Thanks,

Jesse
deathtotheweird
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 02:26:28 PM »

Nope. I have all the .net packages installed. 3/3.5/4 etc
Maunomau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 07:27:27 PM »

No death penalty until lvl 6 isn't such a great idea as you can freely explore almost all of the area in the demo. If it was one time protection it'd be better and the penalty isn't too high to begin with only thing you should do to "reduce" it is make bank more easy to use(ie. by adding slide bar to set the amount or deposit all button).

The whole village, while very functional, could use some more sensible reason to exist. Idea of shops in such a small community doesn't really make sense so you could replace the bank with storage box/room and use trading, and ingredient/information/"time" gathering for the shops. Of course you could just give some explanation to why they need the money or leave it as is since it is a pretty minor thing.

While enemies work fine as small images in boxes I can't say the same for npcs. Maybe I'd be more comfortable with just portraits or flat ingame images. But as is they look horrible to me. Sad

Also after a few hours of playing it shuts down complaining about lack of memory. It might be related to the tons of ffdshow audio decoders that appear in the task bar.
jzoeller
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »

Build 1.1.18
1.) Memory and performance optimizations, faster loading and tighter memory clean up.
2.) When pressing escape/clicking quit, when the exit darklight dungeon dialog is displayed the game
is paused. This includes input, HP/MP Regeneration, spell buff timmers, aflication timmers (like poison)
water/gas breathing, monster movement, monster/treasure respawns and playtime.
3.) NPC Michelle (spell seller) if you already have learned the spell, a start will appear next to the spell on the list.
4.) Gold on hand is now displayed on the NPC's Michelle, Raygan and Zoe.
5.) Reduced the cost of stat potions that NPC Zoe sells.
6.) Cleaned up the shut down routine.
7.) Additional monster collision detection, primarly for ojbects much deeper in the dungeon.
8.) Drain line of spells would allow you to receive more hit points than what your characters max is.
9.) Depositing/Withdrawing gold at the banker is much simpler now.

Build 1.1.15
1.) Spell menu now has highlights indicating selected spell.
2.) Spell menu will have spell name grayed out when you do not have enough magic points to cast the spell.
3.) All Monsters/Drops/Chests have been balanced for dungeon levels 1-4.
4.) Additional content added for dungeon levels 1-4, more teleportals, secret rooms, traps, messages, etc.
5.) Required amounts for experience levels balanced.
6.) Upon starting a new character, additional starting inventory now in the merchant.
7.) Auto-map legend has been updated.
8.) Nine of the twenty trophies have been implemented.
9.) Pressing the escape key will exit out of NPC's and Menus, if no NPC's/Menus open the exit game dialog will display.
10.) Exit game dialog now mouse enabled.
11.) Skills now have two tiers for skill point requirements. Some skills cost less skill points now.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic