Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:14:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam 3 Lodging
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam 3 Lodging  (Read 13643 times)
Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2010, 12:59:39 PM »

Going to TIGJam at Hacker Dojo?  Need a place to stay, or live in the area and have some floor space?  MAKE IT KNOWN

Couple notes:

- There aren't a lot of locals with big houses around (but if you are local with space, please post!)

- Pooling up on cheap motels/etc might be easiest (somebody want to take the 20 minutes to do some searching?)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:22:54 PM by Matthew » Logged

Matthew Wegner
Currently: Aztez
Founder, Flashbang Studios
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
progrium
Level 2

Swords will fucking cut you wide open!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 11:30:52 AM »

I currently live at an apartment complex nearby with a bunch of friends. We can likely provide crash space for 4 or 5 people.

Jeff Lindsay
progrium.com
Chris Bell
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 05:24:34 PM »

I live in a rather large townhouse with 3 others (all gamers) in Redwood Shores. I should probably check with the roommies, but I'm guessing could host like...3-5 people. I'd suggest bringing a sleeping bag since we only recently moved in and don't have tons of furniture. If we can't supply rides -- it's possible one of the car-owners may be unable to attend --  there's a CalTrain close by.

Cheers!
Chris

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 06:27:06 PM »

If I was gonna go, I'd need a place to crash.

Anyone want to shelter this refugee from the indie power monopoly work camps?

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 06:58:43 PM »

I will be looking for a place to stay :x
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »

I'd like a place to crash as well. Or something like that?

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »

Maybe we can just take turns sleeping under each other, so a different person's body could provide the shelter each night.

natosaichek_
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 02:47:37 PM »

I've got a pretty large apartment up in San Mateo and would be able to accommodate ~6-8 hackers on the floor /couches if people bring sleeping bags and the like.  I'm about 20 minutes from the dojo via automobile or 45 via caltrain.

Parking in the area sucks during the daytime during the week - just metered parking around.  Nights (6PM-8AM) and sundays  are free, though.  So if people get an early start, then that's all good.

I'm also right next to Caltrain so if people want to get there that way, that works well.

Bonus: I'll provide early morning bacon, eggs and tea.  (I don't like coffee, myself, but if anyone wants to bring/make it themselves, I don't object).

Shoot me an email if you're interested in crashing at my pad. [email protected]
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 06:31:49 PM »

I'd be willing to pitch in on a hotel room with someone or occupying a spare couch/floorspace...

DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »

I have an apartment in San Mateo if anyone wants to crash.  Maybe a max of 3-5 people, if some don't mind sleeping on the floor.  I have no roomies, and have two couches there for the taking.  It'd be neat if we could collect a few of the pixel artists together

progrium
Level 2

Swords will fucking cut you wide open!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »

I think my place is full now, but I know several other locals coming have offered to host people. Hopefully they'll post here soon.

Jeff Lindsay
progrium.com
Chris Bell
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 09:18:06 PM »

Hey everyone,

So yeah, looks like I can host 3 or 4 jammers at my place in Foster City. If rides work out, which I expect they should, we could all drive down to Mountain View together -- it's not too far. To give you an indication of who we are, my roommate and a few others are currently building an indie game inside a studio space at EA -- not employees, just designing there (weird, i know). Also, my house is co-ed if that helps at all. I'll provide  Beer! and  Coffee and  Hand Fork Left  Hand Knife Right and whatnot, just let me know what you like.

E-mail or call me if you're interested... [email protected] ... 978-578-4388

Cheers!
Chris
coderanger
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 09:33:27 PM »

I have room for one, possibly two if someone wants to sleep on a couch. I won't be attending TIGJam though, so I can't necessarily provide transportation to and from the dojo (moreso on Thursday/Friday).
Daniel X Moore
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 03:39:41 PM »

I've got room for 2-3. I live about 10min away by car, slightly longer by train. Accommodations include the ground and a leaky air mattress, also an omelette bar.
Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 11:17:15 PM »

I need somewhere to crash.  PM me if you still have room at your place or if you want to split a hotel room nearby.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 07:52:08 PM »

I could use somewhere to crash, ideally with someone planning on to the Jam as well who has means of transportation.

Zaphos
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 09:32:55 PM »

I decided taking public transit every day from Berkeley was a terrible idea, so am looking for some place to crash as well ...
hryx
Level 0

bleached fife

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 04:49:26 PM »

Sorry to be so late posting this, but I have a place in Daly City (15 minutes south of San Francisco) with enough floor space for about 4 people, welcome to anyone. If you don't have a sleeping bag + pillow, I can scrape together stuff.

I might not have a car for the whole weekend, but likely part of it. If a one-hour trip down on trains would be torture for you, don't count on me.

Free coffee + tea + creepy mannequins are abundant here. PM me if you need a place!
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 11:14:18 AM »

hyrx, that sounds nice. I love creepy mannequins.
Dunno if I'll be able to get work off then.. silly project  WTF.
There's always: couchsurfing.com

destiny is truth pre-op
DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 01:36:53 PM »

Finally got a ticket, so I'm still a go for lodging and such.  So far its just me and Xion.  If you're interested in joining us, shoot me a PM.  I have couch and floor space for a few more

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic