Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:09:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkSeeking Pixel Artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Seeking Pixel Artist  (Read 2057 times)
Metapyziks
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2010, 02:29:24 PM »

My team (well, of two people) is looking for a talented artist to work with in developing our game. I won't describe the game in full here, essentially it is a modifiable procedurally generated RPG. More details: here.

I've struggled in making the game up to this point because I am useless at pixel art. I have to spend hours to produce something I'm only half happy with.

So I'm looking for an artist to replace my art (and the character art from squidi.net) in the game, and then carry on working with us until the game's completion if you feel up to it. This is a rather large project, although it is mainly composed of 16*16 sprites. It would be great if you are happy with drawing things like buildings and plants, but also characters, clothing and enemies. Also, any knowledge with the Lua scripting language would be excellent, but not required.

The way the resource system works means that you don't need to rebuild the game to add content. So if you wish, you can go wild adding anything you want, and it immediately appears in the game. You can be as creative as you like in adding items and enemies, since there isn't really a style we are trying to adhere to apart from the standard fantasy medieval era world.

You will be a member of our team, and have equal say in the direction the game will take. If we do try and do anything monetary with the game, it will be split 1/3 each with myself, you and the other developer - but I would prefer it if you were interested in helping with the game mostly because it is the type of game you would enjoy playing Grin

Thanks for reading, we can't wait to work with you!

- edit - I apologise, this probably would go better in the unpaid collaborations board, although we might make something commercial of it
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 02:42:44 PM by Metapyziks » Logged
tsameti
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 12:46:28 PM »

Hey. I might be interested, but that depends on what your distribution model is.

Let me show you a three step, sketch to tiny sprite, see if you like it.

Current
Poikolos

Permanently on Hiatus
Son, Stranger
Metapyziks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 12:11:51 PM »

We found our artist!

Thanks to all who applied
Pages: [1]
Print