Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411529 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 01:50:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeThe Dream Library
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The Dream Library  (Read 5511 times)
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 06:06:09 AM »

Why am I having such hot dreams? I mean the fact that those I do remember involve magma and molten rock most of the time.

Something like an island survival thing. I guess those THE-FLOOR-IS-LAVA type of dreams have that...wait a sec.. Who, Me?

Here comes inspiration!
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 11:54:43 AM »

A couple nights ago I experienced the sense of smell in a dream for the first time in memory.

It was poo.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 12:27:51 PM »

A couple nights ago I experienced the sense of smell in a dream for the first time in memory.

It was poo.

You might want to get yourself cleaned up. Heh heh, sorry, couldn't resist.

And another dream I once had involved a Wikipedia contest to go from Adolf Hitler to Katakana in thirty seconds. I did.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:08:40 AM by Player 3 » Logged
JoGribbs
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 07:30:46 AM »

So I had a dream last night in three parts.

The first part started when I got up to look at the time. I'm not sure if this was real or not, but I looked at my phone and it was ten past six; I get up at seven. I then remember being in bed and seeing like, a flock of ravens flying past my window, which was wide open (I leave my window wide open sometimes and it gets super cold). Then I fell asleep (dream asleep (?))and woke up later to find that there were ravens and pigeons all over my room, perched on my stuff. I was tired, so I just kinda, waved at them and yelled 'go away!', and they flew out. I went to go shut my window, and saw it was snowing outside. I thought 'aw shit' since I would have to get wrapped up and then feel really cold and uncomfortable for a couple of days.

The second part just involved me walking through this shopping centre (americans: malls? I'm sorry but all I know of your culture originates from Top Cat and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) and I saw my best friend walking in the opposite direction. He said hello and we high-fived, and then I remember thinking it was odd that he hadn't worn a coat, considering it was snowing outside.

The Third Part was really weird and unless you know the people involved doesn't make a lot of sense, so I won't go into it @_@
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 08:06:29 AM »

I tend to see a lot of dreams taking place in real life and my friends often play some role in them. They're usually also very short. The fact that they happen in 'reality' makes the little dreamy weird things even funnier and that's why I keep a dreamlog.

Here're my latest one:

One of my semi-friends suddenly appeared to our yard in a car, and asked me to hop in. We drove some time, until for some reason a policeman stopped us and told my friend that he had broken law and had to be taken to the police station. I went there with him. There they took my friend to interrogation, and for some reason the fact that I hadn't got a driving license at all made them offer me a meal in a restaurant. As a policeman led us to the restaurant, it was revealed that the police station was like a huge shopping mall, and the restaurant was part of it. When we started eating (the food started as spaghetti and turned to sushi during the dream), the policeman challenged me to some sort of a food-eating competition. The dream ended before the competition did.

Nétérö (Bruno)
Level 0

also LoveTheError

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 09:11:54 AM »

i saw this thread and wrote down everything i could remember, EVERYTHING:

1.1-Afterwards me waking up from bed and leaving my room i go to the corridor in front of my room and look past the big windows
(imagine a corridor wish the left are all windows, with a door at the beginning, and the right are the rooms (part of my actual house))
I see that the entire world is covered in water that for some reason is at a 20º/25º angle, i go back and tell my brother but he didn't care and went back to sleep
I then see the sun rise really fast.

1.2-Next i appear at a Golden cathedral in shape of an "U" in the middle of the ocean, it is raining hard.
I am at a Golden bridge in the lower middle of the cathedral, There are guards in my location (if you have played these games, think a fusion between the Combine from Half-Life and the Assault infantry from killzone) they are all staring at me lying on the floor
i step up and the water around us starts to freeze, it ends there unfortunately.

.2-exactly the same as the beginning except when i look out my window there is a Ruined palace full of pillars, Denim curtains and chess floor tiles in Denim and white, the walls were made of a Dark blue color, the moon was i a inverse C shape at 45º
all i can recall of that dream is afterwards me going to this place (opening the door (second floor by the way) and stepping there, looking through the place.
about some time later I'm fighting against some kind of blue human like demon with RPGs, exploding some of the place, and after he/she explodes into dust, I  climb up the palace too see the sun rise. (ends there)

.3-same as before only when i look out the window all i see is weird looking glass vials full of a light green looking substances that were expelling light green gas, all around there were GrayAsparagus (color) bricks and black chains with spikes
after me closing and opening again the curtains i see a huge asteroid with 3 eyes going to impact with me (also in GrayAsparagus color)

.4.1-1 of the 4 recurring dream places (if you want to count the corridor that's 5) i call it Naumachia, being it purpose:
its a huge if not Monumental sized Greek like stadium in the middle to the farest the eye can see there are small water lakes and also great part is sand, looking somewhat like military camouflage in form, there were 2 vehicles fighting,
they looked like dragsters with attached circular saws in the front end, ironically even though they were dragsters they turned really well.
all i can recall besides the structure of the place and it being full of people was that it was a closed stadium and that if you looked back you could see a rock road like in those old villages at a 20º/30º angle, it was full of
people, like Chinese train full, they were that full, at least the first time.

.4.2- the second time i sit in one of the dragster-like vehicles, they were easy enough to be piloted by someone inexperienced but lethal on crash.
i don't recall driving them for long but i do recall moments later sitting on the part of the colosseum that was near the rocky road and people cheering.

.5-that rocky road i referenced earlier is also a recurring appearance, although for what i seen in my dreams it seems to lead to all the other places (except the 5th) i only call it rocky road.
the entrance to the rocky road has 1 glass gate, about the size of a truck, its connected too a small outpost the shape of an inverted "U", it seems that the rocky road extends to great lengths although most of the time like a cliff near the sea
even though its recurring i only remember staying on it enough time to look at it decently once.

.6.1-another recurring place is "Nese" (written in Japanese). A Small Japanese art museum that from the outside looks like a Japanese temple. Its located in a very rocky place, (think a field of sand and rocks yellowish grey and yellowish brown in color,
full of stones, some about half the size of a car others smaller.),
the museum itself isn't too weird, its only an art museum with art pieces, nothing unusual there, even the old lady that was in the museum was pretty normal.
however in the dream (first time) the old lady tells me there are 2 ancient circular gates that lead to other worlds, this located a little west from the museum.

.6.2-the first circular gate leaded me to a surreal world of 2d animations and flashing images, pretty creepy animations, it was all a world of light sandybrown tv static with grayish white figures not much happened.
i never enter the second gate in the first dream.

.6.3-the second time the 2 portals had been broken by something, there were portal pieces near both of them, i collected them and crafted a small pocket portal, then by mistake entered the new portal made of part of both worlds.
it was a grim blood red and dark brown place filled with blood spikes and bones everywhere (however it kind of looked like minecraft) there was a huge metal gate filled with blood splattered onto it, it opened (and the dream ended there)

.7.1-i also dreamed of another place, not recurring but i kind of remember it from other dreams with the rocky road.
it was a huge forest with dark green trees and it was raining, there were tiny canals that had some water on them, they all lead to a tower with a huge sword holster like keyhole.
following one of the canals back lead me to a library, a really old one, filled with old books and huge bookshelves reaching several meters in size.
there was, in the entrance, a circle with the head of Anubis on it, everything was sky blue or white except for 2 things, the bookshelves and a strange crate.
This crate was shaped like cylinder with a semi-sphere as its upper part, it was about the size of a normal person, it was completely black and had spikes all over.
when opened it was like a chestnuts interior, light brown, with a Doberman siting in the center (entirely black), when I touched his face it opened up in 4 parts in the middle, in there there was a weird brain like substance, red in color.

.7.2-i got back to the forest in a dark green car (my dads old car by the way) still raining i proceeded to enter the forest, there i found a pair of armor like gloves with sky blue stripes of light, these gave me the ability to control water.
afterwards using them to stop the little canals from letting the water flow to the tower, after some searching with the gloves i found a huge sword wish i with the help of the gloves took back to its holster.
after this the top of the tower eject a huge key (like the old boss key from Zelda DX but huge), after grabbing it the rain started to stop,then i fell to the ground with great force, holding the key like a huge sword in my shoulder.

.8-Another dream i had there was a building in Jupiter (yes, the gas giant), it was a insane asylum over a vast land of sand, there was an agricultural part of the facility in the sand, all the plants were carnivorous and were trying to devour me.
i cant recall much from that dream but i do remember that there were great winds there.

.9.1-And another (another recurring place): A friend of my brother had shown me a new drug he had got from some guys saying it would make me stronger,i was intrigued but didn't try it. 
later I was in an harbor, a small harbor but full of crates, one of the crates was slightly open, i entered it, it had a huge staircase down...
when i finally reached the bottom it was a facility (allot like in bioshock) that was built with dark green bricks and huge half cylindrical sideways windows that stretched for a while under deep water.
after some searching the facility i found some quarters with observation windows (those kind of one way windows) they were all filled with weird looking dark grayish creatures with gold colored eyes and no pupils, they all had seemed to have melted, there was gold blood everywhere in those rooms
through the facility i found various pieces that in the end when all connected would form a 3 barreled rifle, i only had 3 rounds (heavy rounds) (even though not very noticeable the rounds were in fact 3 "12 gauge" shells) (the shape of the rounds were like (_| kind of))
in the end there was this huge monster also melting that i had to kill in order to get out of the facility (at this point it was noticeable that it was now a abandoned factory on land.) instead of attacking it i went straight to the huge door that was on his back, the wooden door was welded right in font of my eyes (yeah i found that weird when i woke up)
afterwards i looked at the monster and then all went black.

.9.2- i reappeared in the stairs again, again the same as before but now the rooms were clean and i had the rifle already built with me. i then proceeded to the exist this time fighting the monster too wish i exploded with half of its head. he still proceeded to touch me then all went black again.

.9.3-after reappearing on another part of the facility i tried to find the exist again, this time the door had been broken, and the monster was still inside, for some reason i had found some gray boots that when i jumped on the monster with he melted, oddly enough i also had some gloves that looked very similar to the ones on the forest dream. (even though i had this dream before the forest one)
i then proceeded to run out of the facility, it was still pitch black with no stars in the sky, after i hid i heard a large monstrous moan and then the dream ended.

.10-i was in an island, pretty colorful, i had found a Chinese coin in the ground (or it had fallen cant remember so well), it was a bit reddish in the edges, this coin when hit hard enough would make what it had hit explode.
so after a while i attach a string to the coin using it as a weapon to defend myself (not that there were that many threats in the island).
all i can remember besides some dungeon exploring was seeing a being made entirely of gold with 4 arms and 2 legs that at the knee would divide into other 2 lower legs also with a face the format of a coin and 4 bug like wings i only looked at it once before the dream ending.

.11-In a desert almost rocky like area i recall a place with some rusty/almost demolished buildings with some faceless people, they were all circling a barrel wish was more like a costume well, once looked at there was a creature with the face of Jesus (it creeped me out so bad)

.12-Also, to finish, there was this old yellowish green restaurant that when i went there, people were dinning but the people slowly started to fade away and the restaurant just went silent (first dream ended here). the second time i was running from something (wish i can only describe as Mickey mouse with the face of a member of the insane clown posse (like What the?) 
after some time running from it i went to the restaurant, before it got me i looked at the window and i could see the rocky road then my head exploded (literally, in the dream).

(TL;DR I'm paranoid Crazy )

(PS: some of these dreams I'm already using as base for other stuff in particular 9 (for a comic wish i should have started 4 years ago)

I hope its readable, since my inglish isint that good.  Concerned

also sorry for the post size but im an active dreamer.

Sad edit: all the "Wheres" i had writen were "Weres"         

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:51:22 PM by Nétérö (Bruno) » Logged
sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 11:19:43 PM »

It was poo.

The only thing I've ever smelled in a dream was burning rubber. It was horrific.
ink.inc
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 01:01:59 AM »

If Amon26 steps into this thread we will all have nightmares for months.

Shocked Screamy

As soon as I have a dream, I'm gonna write it down straight away.
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 11:25:28 AM »

I stayed at a friends recently, couchsurfing, and in lucid sleep paralysis dreams I saw the other couchsurfer, and later in the week my friend, walking around the room mumbling strange things. I thought they were really there, talking.. then suddenly came to and the room was exactly the same except they weren't there. Ghostly.

destiny is truth pre-op
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 03:09:05 PM »

I once dreamed I was flying over a series of islands and looking at them from above, occasionally landing and exploring for a few seconds. I never stayed very long on any one island, because I was too busy looking for a different island. The problem is, almost as soon as I left one island, I would try and go back there to see how cool it was again, and not succeed, and end up landing somewhere while busy looking for somewhere else... and so on and so forth. The dream eventually ended on above an island whose distinguishing feature was a café of some sort. My perverted mind was wondering whether I could abuse my power of flight to <ahem> pee a long distance over the water, when it occurred to me that I should probably wake up now and do it in the toilet instead. Good thing too, if I'd woken up a minute later I would have been in trouble.

A dream I had which is probably more game-related had me walking through a "maze" where all the walls, ceilings, and floors were black. However, there were glowing coloured pathways on some of the walls and floors (think of fluorescent light bulbs in red, green and blue, and you've got the idea exactly). Stepping on one would allow me to walk all the way along it, in defiance of gravity since some paths were on the wall. There were also glowing wires of a similar design but only millimetres wide, and motion sensors that could be used to switch gravity-paths on and off. The wires only served to show what sensor controlled what path. It was supposed to be a puzzle game of some sort. There was also a teleporter, near the end of the dream, though I didn't get to put more than a hand through it (it worked like a two-way portal, but it was opaque and colour-coded). I'm not sure what would have happened if I had walked through it. I don't think it actually led anywhere.
After waking up, I cursed my own lack of originality. Black, red, green, and blue? It's been done to death by a million and one second-rate games, and a couple of first-rate games too.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:39:32 AM by snowyowl » Logged
rogerlevy
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 11:02:11 AM »

I was watching a ferris wheel downtown, at night.  Somehow they built one like at an intersection.  Actually it was a kind of very very big ferris wheel with neon lights and stuff, where the people sat in rows of like 8 with their feet dangling.  So... something went wrong, and it started spinning really fast.  Then it stopped, and there was a creaking noise, and the wheel fell off the support and started rolling towards a nearby skyscraper, with the sound of people screaming etc.  It crashed into the building, which started to fall.  I ran into the nearest building for protection from debris.  And then some guy I never met who was doing the same walked over and started making out with me.
PANPOMMA
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 12:48:18 PM »

Two dreams last night.

1. I am playing chess against God. The board grows and grows, until there are thousands of pawns and hundreds of the other pieces. Still, there is only one king on each side. I am white. So is he.

2. I meet with the Gorillaz to tell them their band is loosing focus. Murdoc agrees vehemently, spitting and swearing at 2D, shaking him side to side. 2D is recovering from a rave, he is covered in glitter. Russel is in the kitchen making some kind of monkey dessert. It is a monkey with it's brain showing. Noodle is outside painting the walls, wax on, wax off style. 2D throws up on Murdocs pink snake skin boots.

Inspiring.
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 06:53:38 AM »

Two dreams last night.

1. I am playing chess against God. The board grows and grows, until there are thousands of pawns and hundreds of the other pieces. Still, there is only one king on each side. I am white. So is he.

2. I meet with the Gorillaz to tell them their band is loosing focus. Murdoc agrees vehemently, spitting and swearing at 2D, shaking him side to side. 2D is recovering from a rave, he is covered in glitter. Russel is in the kitchen making some kind of monkey dessert. It is a monkey with it's brain showing. Noodle is outside painting the walls, wax on, wax off style. 2D throws up on Murdocs pink snake skin boots.

Inspiring.

@ 1: http://deoxy.org/bigbang.htm
Cool stuff, your dreams.

destiny is truth pre-op
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic