Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:53:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNoitu Love 2 Demo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Noitu Love 2 Demo  (Read 66323 times)
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 12:59:29 PM »

Yeah, the End of Demo text says it's not the whole level. Smiley

Ugh, my fault. Sorry. Embarrassed
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 02:32:29 PM »

I've updated the demo with support for more video modes like 2x and 3x. I thought it would be horrendously slow but when I tried it on other computers there was little to no difference...

I suppose my computer is one of the worse platforms for the game to run on...  Huh?
Mr Peckerston
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 05:54:42 PM »

This is amazing Shocked

I found a (small, non-gamebreaking) bug though; in the section leading to level 1's helicopter boss, one of the rings/hooks/whatevers on the ceiling doesn't appear if you just fly along without grabbing anything. Nothing happens until you grab onto one of the hooks at which point the boss appears, along with the missing ring.

That description was terrible, so here's a video of it. Watch the top-right corner of the screen:
http://media.putfile.com/noitudemobug
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 05:59:16 PM by Mr Peckerston » Logged
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 06:35:27 PM »

Hey man, this is completely awesome.

I played a lot at GDC, and the things that I thought were problematic just vanished when I'm playing on my own computer screen sat down with headphones on.

The player feedback is amazing (as well as everything else, but this is what drives it home for me.)  The pausing when killing an enemy rocks, and I dont have a hard time figuring out when I took damage anymore.  The screen flash for a deadly attack is a lot more clear to me now, and everything just seems to.. well, work.

My pointer finger is tired from clicking though.  But seriously, I love the controls.

So yeah, I guess all of my problems with the game came from playing it in the wrong environment.  I look forward to the full release!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 06:50:31 PM by xerus » Logged
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 07:41:00 PM »

Now this is how you start a game with a bang. o_o VERY good first impression there. The action is fast paced, the controls are easy to grasp, and those graphics, damn, sexy pixel work. And the music is also very enjoyable.

I love how cute Xoda looks when duck-running.

And for the people thinking the action can get repetitive, you don't have to kill every Darn, you can just dash past some areas if you feel like it.

Very, very awesome. Buying it (when I'm able).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:54:30 PM by Melly » Logged

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
deku
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 08:09:05 PM »

wow that was fun
my mouse is crap so it was kinda hard to precisely click on things which was real anoiying for killing the helicopter thing
i kept thinking that this is the best ds game I've ether played lol
if you can make it so you don't have to be so precise with the mouse control that would be great
also beating things up seemed a little mashy i liked the system you had set up in noitu love 1 with the directional arows in combo with the attack button would sorta hit an enemy in that direction
the art design is like amazing the level 1 boss was fricken awsome
blocking the projectiles was anoiying tho perhaps being able to hit them as well as shield or draw a line rather then a little circle
also with how fast you jump between enemys walking normally seemed slow
I'm looking forward to  this game its looking frickin awsome and despite all my complaints i want you to know i was smiling the entire time

procrastination is the best part of game design<br />http://deku1.deviantart.com/
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 08:22:20 PM »

Found a bug. At one point I was playing the demo in hard mode, and after the first level I just clicked the mouse buttons as fast as possible to get to the second, and I saw Level 3 Start, with apparently a samurai Darn on the bottom, then the game went back to the title screen.

For a moment there I thought I had gotten through the demo's barrier. Tongue

ultim8p00
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »

speechless
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2008, 09:16:30 PM »

I really enjoyed this, I liked it more then the first one. I really liked zipping around the screen, doing side kicks and spin jumps, without even touching the ground. I really like your story. The falling clock part was fantastic.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 10:50:49 PM »

I am going to be brutally honnest, but I am not 100% seduced by the two device gameplay (keys+mouse). It seems okay but I think it can feel rather awkward when there will be lots of action (for me anyway)
And although I like all the graphic effects (and the new 3Dish effects) and the pretty colors, But I think that the engine is starting to show it's age.

Well despite the criticism, I still think it is a great game, and one of the best productions in the indie world right now. Thumbs up!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 11:43:27 PM »

Could you elaborate on how exactly the engine is showing its age? It seems to handle the job very well from what I see.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 12:30:28 AM »

Shocked This is so awesome.
When I first saw that you used the mouse to attack, I was very skeptical but it works brilliantly. Everything about the game is brilliant, but especially the graphics, artwork and animation. They are all so fluid and detailed, but they never betray their pixellated roots (coughStreetfighter4cough).

konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 01:26:15 AM »

Thanks everyone, again!

About the "Level 3 Start", that's very interesting... I wonder how that happened.

The demo doesn't have the data for levels beyond 2, but hopefully you can't skip levels in the final game...
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 02:36:37 AM »

Hi!

The demo is awesome. Not only the gameplay it's great, but also all the graphic style. Really good. And I liked a lot that small details that give it lot of quality (like the bacground of the first monster that it's pseudo 3d). Or the possibility of playing using a 16:9 screen.

I only had one problem with a small bug that trapped me without being able to move or, jump or attack (I was only able to move the crossair), finally I had to reset the game.

I made a shot of the place I got trapped in, maybe it will help you to fix it:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 02:38:35 AM by Loover » Logged
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 03:54:32 AM »

Wow, what's with that place? You're the third person to report and it's pretty mind boggling how one corner in all of the level does that. Thanks a lot for finally giving me an image!
Mindro
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 04:01:47 AM »

This game is really really awesome!. I've played it, it's fantastic. Congratulations! Smiley
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2008, 04:19:15 AM »

One of my MMF2 games would randomly crash because of a sound being played, I think it ended up being because I was using different sound channels for different effects. Of course, thats what they're there for, but you know clickteam products Smiley

konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2008, 04:37:36 AM »

It has to do with samples changing frequency, i.e. pitch, I'm certain of it.
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2008, 04:48:28 AM »

Again about this... I can't reproduce it!!

Any more details, like being hit just prior, or where you were when you fell from the previous level?

Huh?
mjau
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2008, 06:36:17 AM »

Again about this... I can't reproduce it!!

Any more details, like being hit just prior, or where you were when you fell from the previous level?

Huh?

That's almost where I got stuck, too, except it was at the other side of the screen (so one level further down, I think), with what looked like a way out at the right.  Pretty much a mirror image apart from that.  I'm pretty sure I did get hit when I fell from the previous level.  (I'll try to reproduce it.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic