Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 08:21:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNoitu Love 2 Demo
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Noitu Love 2 Demo  (Read 66318 times)
Blaster
Pixelhead
Level 1

*wiggle*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2008, 06:51:01 AM »

Loving the demo!

Like everyone has said, the controls, visuals and sound are all top-notch.

I did encounter a strange bug, though. After dying against the mini boss in level 1, the one that you fight while hanging on the hand-holds on the roof, and then selecting continue, back at the start of level 1 the camera moved immediately to the right, though there was no darn-in-ship-shooting-you or explosions, and no xoda. The camera then moved back to the start of the level, but no one was there.

I can't remember if it actually had the dialogue at the start when this happened, and it hasn't happened to me since.

*shrug!* hope that helps!

Pixel Art: Portfolio || Twitter: @pita_akm || Tumblr: silver deluxe
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

They'r gonna have to glue you back together...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2008, 07:11:12 AM »

this game is awesome haha 97x combo, there was a lil bug in level two, when you are in the platform falling and the rocks are falling, Xoda started to attack and i wasnt even clicking, it was all fixed when a rock falled in my head tho

EDIT:oh yeah
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 11:38:46 AM by HELLTRIKKY » Logged

...IN HELL!!
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2008, 07:14:28 AM »

it was all fixed when a rock falled in my head tho

As often happens in life...

Awesome work, Mr. Sandberg! Smiley

princec
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2008, 07:16:50 AM »

Absolutely brilliant work.

Cas Smiley

mjau
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2008, 07:19:52 AM »

Did you update the download?  I lost the one I had before (ran it from ramdisk..), so I had to redownload, but now I can't run it in fullscreen mode 1 anymore.  That is, it runs, but I'm getting an extreme closeup of the pixels in the upper left part of the screen, so I can't even see the menu (or use it, the mouse is confined to the visible area).  Choosing any of the zoom windowed mode options gives the same effect, with different amounts of zoom.  Fullscreen mode 2 works, but is too slow to be playable.  I'm still running it in Wine so it's probably just some incompatibility there, but it worked so well before..  Sad

Windowed x1 still works, but is tiny.  I guess I can just zoom in the screen or something though..

(Btw, being able to quit the game by pressing esc in the menu would be nice Smiley)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 07:26:59 AM by mjau » Logged
Squirrelsquid
Pixelhead
Level 1

oh! you need that nut?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2008, 06:19:06 PM »

realy realy stunning game - can't wait for the full version Wink
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2008, 08:29:27 PM »

I guess I can beat the Level 3 bug, I got Level 4 to "start" Wink
After beating the level 1 final boss I clicked the cutscene away as soon as possible. Then at the score screen I clicked the continue button pretty fast, so as soon as it got available I would press it. Then it got me directly to the "Level 4 Start" screen, plus there was a darn running across the screen, dressed in a wicked costume I hadn't seen before (Looked much like an homage to me :D). After that, though, the demo instantly restarted.
I also got a screenshot, but it seems it can be easily reproduced, as I managed to do it twice in a row now.

I also encountered the bug that when the flying darns appeared (prior to the helicopter boss over the lava, I think) the sound effects didn't play anymore, I could only hear the music. Though when the final boss appeared I had sound again, so it wasn't really a problem. This also only happened a single time whereas I've played through level 1 rather often now.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
IndieJoJo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2008, 10:49:10 PM »

Hey Konjak,

I posted this on TigSource comments but I think it may have gotten lost. Here's my only criticism:
-----------------

FIX THE AUDIO

I love what I see so far, but I'm really underwhelmed with what I'm hearing.

sound and music both lack that visceral, in-your-face, in-the-moment, satisfying *kaKRAKum* that a game of this type needs.

Metal Slug did well, but even better examples of good audio can be found in Shock Troopers (Neo-Geo):

...and Contra: Hard Corps (Genesis):

The audio was honestly the first thing I noticed when I approached the game with a critical e-- ear.  :-)

-

P.S.  Not to hurt the composer's feelings, but there's nothing inherently wrong with the compositions, it's just the instrumentation that's lacking.
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2008, 11:55:46 PM »

I find the Hard Corps music absolutely horrendous, so that's a start.  Smiley

Thanks everyone.

EDIT: This game is truly broken in strange ways...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:57:37 PM by konjak » Logged
Robert
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2008, 01:49:24 AM »

Hi there,

Loved the demo, fantastic! I've only played up until the first boss - after I beat him it locked up during a conversation. I already noticed that that's been reported, and that you can avoid it by skipping the text, so I'll be doing that when I give it another go.

I've one niggle so far: I played through the tutorial and learned all the controls first up, then played through the start of the first stage and used all my new skillz, except the wall jump. I had totally forgotten about it and then when I had to use it to jump up a gap between a pair of walls I was a bit stumped for while. Perhaps make the player use it a bit earlier? Though it might just be me and my lack of experience with this style of game. Smiley
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2008, 07:15:57 AM »

You don't really need a wall-jump there. Just jump and do the awesome up-up air combo. ^^

Just like UltraJMan said in one of the comments sections I barely touched the ground during the demo. I find performing special moves with the mouse inconvenient since it also takes your aim off the enemies and I'm used to all the double-tapping in various beat'em ups. The first level plays for me like this (which I find awesome):

right-right, right-right, left click, left click, left-left, left click [...], up-up, right-right, right-right... ^^

As to the music - I find it awesome and will ask a question that I posted on the IndieGames Weblog here since it has been lost among all the other comments:

By the way, konjak. Will you ever release any of the game music in a "listenable-to" format? I know that I might be a freak occurrence but I'd like to listen to it from time to time - and by that I'm including the Noitu Love (1) soundtrack. ^^

On a related note: will the music featured in the trailer be found somewhere in the game? I enjoyed it, too. :-D

P.S. Release the game NOW, iron out the bugs later. :-D
I want to play Noitu Love 2 and give you loads of money for it, konjak - don't let this opportunity slip by you. ;-)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 07:19:25 AM by Lim-Dul » Logged

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2008, 07:55:23 AM »

Thanks! I could release a few tracks, maybe.

I haven't released the game yet because I have my last obligation which is the people-voted secret boss.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2008, 08:21:17 AM »

That boss is all that's left to do?

Fuck yeah! Kiss

I have finished the demo six times now, getting pro at it. :D
Mischief Maker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2008, 09:17:56 AM »

Perhaps it's not in our best interest at the moment to shower this game with praise.  ESPECIALLY drawing parallels between this game and Aquaria.

I mean, he still hasn't settled on a price.  Wink
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2008, 09:34:31 AM »

Wow, I'm surprised how well this mouse melee thing works. Simply love everything, 'nuf said.

bigbossSNK
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2008, 09:35:57 AM »

"Perhaps it's not in our best interest at the moment to shower this game with praise."

It's a tiny investment either way. Most people aren't going to dismiss a game based on price, if they are initially willing to pay any sum of money for it instead of torrenting it, and the price is within reason.
iosomewhere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »

Yeah,what a great game.
If I wouldn't knew I would guess it's by "Treasure" !

Was worried about the controls but after playing it i must say,It works.
Still would love a pad or some Wii & Nds for that then.

Two things so far...

1) Maybe it's just me,but in the tutorial I couldn't manage to peform the special moves..there were u ask to hold down the button and drag it up/left/right.
No way to get pass that,only after i pressed crazy buttons and moved the mouse back and fore in many direction i could pass.If i follow the directions it doesent work.Maybe it's cause i am not a native speaker,...but i tried and can't perform them.
Need more training maybe.Sad

2)Even on hard..it could be a bit more difficult please.
  Don't mean the enemy's hits on you cost you more live,would be nice if there    would be more enemy's on the screen.And...Bosses would have some tricks more up there sleeves.

2 1/2 ) The Levels seem to short !:(

How many Levels are in the final game ? And..are they getting longer ?

Otherwise..Thanks a lot Konjak for this pearl of a game that it seems to be.
Can't wait to get my fingers on it.

best wishes

io

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2008, 10:55:40 AM »

I think the length of levels is fine.  This is one of those fast paced arcade action titles that demands multiple playthroughs for the player to perfect their game, like a good shoot em up or any Treasure game :D 
iosomewhere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »

I think the length of levels is fine.  This is one of those fast paced arcade action titles that demands multiple playthroughs for the player to perfect their game, like a good shoot em up or any Treasure game :D 

Hehe...maybe it seems so short cause of all the action that is going on.
Still..wish the Levels are a bit longer..so we have more of this great game !:)

Pencil_In_Pain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2008, 04:41:04 AM »

I second the problem with the text being too fast in the tutorial, but other than that the game is awesome. Congratulations.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic