Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:38:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessSales of iphone games vs PSN (or other channel of the same game size)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sales of iphone games vs PSN (or other channel of the same game size)  (Read 1428 times)
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2010, 01:44:50 PM »

I was approached by a publisher to port my game to the PSN earlier this year. Though the deal didn't went through, I'm now considering if I should go the other way round, and approach other publishers instead.

Then again, I've been working quite a bit on flash and had been preparing for a mobile (iphone or Window Mobile) game... which set me wondering, is the sales on PSN or its equivalent better than the sales on iphone?

Iphone is so call the big thing for developers, with a much lesser risk (self publish, small game, small team, etc). But it's also satuated, and even harder to stand out from the crowd. On the other hand, I always had the feeling that most games on PSN and XBLA are at least profitable (completely groundless and probably untrue). Maybe it's because the user are all gamers, and more prone to make purchases.

But what do you think? Given the comparison, what would you rather work on?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic