Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:43:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFootball Live
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Football Live  (Read 1811 times)
MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2010, 11:47:59 AM »

So here's a project I've been working on for almost 3 years.

Initially it was called Football Live 2008 and was supposed to be released by the Euro 2008, but back then we didn't feel the game was good enough to be presented to the publisher that was supposed to publish it at the time.

Time went by and we kept working on it, eventually changing the name to Football Live 2009. In the meanwhile, the publisher went under and when I started working on A Man With a Monocle I decided to put Football Live on ice so that I wouldn't have to focus on two different projects. Now that it's done and released, Football Live is huh...alive again !

Back in early 2008, even before we got publisher interest, we started working on a alternative version of the game for the Caiman.us contest with crocodiles instead of human players, and called Caiman Soccer. It won the contest, and is pretty much everywhere on the internet but honestly it's not very good.
You may try it out here:
http://neogen2.com/cs.html

Now on the game itself (ripped from the game's page):

Football Live 2009 is a soccer/football game inspired by the original Kick Off as well as the Sensible Soccer series.
Our objective is to retain what made these games so especial such the feeling of actually being in control of the game, with modern tecnology and plenty of new and exciting additions.

Here's a trailer with some game footage on.
The video is awfully slow for some reason, the game plays a huge lot faster.

I expect to release the game this year, probably by the end of the year.

The game doesn't have an official site yet, but here's the game page on our site:
http://neogen2.com/kickingoff09.html
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 11:38:15 AM by MikeDee » Logged
MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:18:30 AM »

Hey everyone, we are currently looking for testers.

If you want to apply, just reply to this topic or send me a pm. Beer!
JackieJay
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 06:42:28 AM »

Looks pretty cool, I'm in.  Kiss

Kunal
Level 1

is feeling Bit.Core.Trippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 06:47:09 AM »

I'd be happy to test this. I never did play Sensible Soccer (though I've only heard good things about it). Have mainly played PES/FIFA

MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 05:09:48 AM »

Thanks guies, I'll pm you a link to the game with the last version as soon as I'm finished with the current build. Smiley

kvjoshi: Don't worry, Sensible soccer aren't all that different from Fifa and PES, so hopefully you'll like Football Live. Smiley
JackieJay
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:43:03 AM »

Hey hows this going along ? I'm waiting for the beta version so I can write a preview for GamerGround  Kiss
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 12:45:34 PM by JackieJay » Logged

MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 11:36:51 AM »

After all the delays, the best testing phase has finally begun with all the beta testers receiving their copies within the next minutes.

If you are a beta tester and you haven't received the email, please let me know.

Lately work on the game has been mostly about research and working on the database, while giving the career mode's last touches.

The game now has a new tournaments mode where you can participate in some well known tournament such as the world cup.

We are also thinking about a new game mode called Scenario where you start matches right in the middle or the end in various conditions, for example, being down to 10 players, losing 2-0 etc and where you have to either win or avoid a defeat, depending on the objectives of the scenario.

Each of these matches will have a background story, I also want these matches to be based on real ones, such as the recent 5-0 win by barcelona against real madrid for example.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic