Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:27:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAbaddon
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Abaddon  (Read 1031 times)
ckcornflake
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »

Introduction

Abaddon is a project I've been working on since February 2009.  It is a top-down shooter with tower defense and RPG elements.  A lot of the game is influenced by Escape Velocity and Subspace.  It has a 4 player cooperative mode you can play online.  It is a XBox Live Indie Game that is currently on the marketplace.  I'm currently working on the sequel which will be released pretty soon.  Here is a screen shot and a video of the first release.

Abaddon Retribution

I learned a lot about making video games since the initial release.  So I decided to make a "sequel."  I put quotes around sequel because there really wasn't a story in the first iteration, but I added a story mode to the upcoming release. I also started to work with an artist who lives in my city so I was able to improve the look.  I also added a practice mode and a PvP deathmatch mode.  I made various additions and improvements as well.  Here is a teaser for the new release:

Abaddon: Retribution is in playtest phase right now.  I'm just trying to work out a few multiplayer kinks before I put it up for review.  I plan to provide updates and improvements once the game is released. 

Features:

-Fast paced combat.
-Battles involving anything from small fighters to extremely large carriers and stations.
-Very little penalty for dying.  As long as you keep your carrier alive, death incurs no penalty.
-A very simple inventory system for persistent upgrades.
-Networked multiplayer.
-Local multiplayer where one player navigates and the other controls the ship's turrets.
-Player's have the ability to upgrade the turrets on Abaddon (their carrier).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic