Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:53:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)ASCIIPaint and WEPaint
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: ASCIIPaint and WEPaint  (Read 98595 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2010, 02:22:55 PM »

Until I make a version with what you suggested.

Then you will be in my little program's clutches again. Evil

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2010, 02:31:29 PM »

make a java version for my phone

but yeah i'd like a standard pallete/charset version, since i'm used to it from years ago.

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »

Ok I'm gonna stop now.
Why would you consider doing such a horrible thing?

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »

Fine, I lied.

Maximal HUD (in retrospect, should enlarge level view)

Minimal HUD
Chandagnac
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »

Ok, what would really be convenient for me at the moment is if you could select a character without physically going up there and clicking it with the mouse. Maybe if you could use WASD to move the selection around?
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2010, 12:58:43 AM »

this interface really intrigues me - could you explain what the left and top sections are supposed to be? Right and bottom are pretty self explanatory (though the healthbar looks kinda interesting too)

Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2010, 07:28:17 AM »

this interface really intrigues me - could you explain what the left and top sections are supposed to be? Right and bottom are pretty self explanatory (though the healthbar looks kinda interesting too)

It's a real mockup for a roguelike I'm working on. From top to bottom, left to right: Name, level, title, location; Inventory; Quickbar; Monsters/items visible; Dungeon map; Viewport; Health and message area.

The roguelike is based around the concept of the health bar. All status effects like "paralyzed" are applied directly to a proportion of your health, rather than tracked separately. You also cast spells basically from your health, and sustained abilities reserve an amount of health from the top.
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2010, 03:00:47 PM »

how about a "colour placer" tool? I find that i'm drawing my pictures in black and white, then putting the colour on afterwards. The only problem is that i have to find the character everytime (or click the picker, get the colour,then click the brush, then paint it, bit long).

yeah so a tool where you get the colour and it replaces the character with the same but in the colours you currently have would be nice. thnks.

edit: also i like working on tiny canvases so a dialog asking you for a canvas size at the start? or how about being able to type in numbers into the width/height boxes?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:18:00 PM by JMickle » Logged

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2010, 06:34:30 PM »

In the same line of a color selector, a character selector that keeps the existing color would be cool too.

Perhaps a second set of arrows that go by 10s for the canvas would be nice for choosing sizes radically different than the default?

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2010, 01:15:06 AM »

Man this is a lot of suggestions.

Sorry that I haven't shown any new updates. Dealing with plenty of other stuff.

Lee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2010, 04:31:02 AM »

I like this colour placer suggestion, a brush that you draw with that just changes the foreground and background colour of the tiles, that would be so much easier, especially if you could change colour using left and right or something.
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2010, 04:56:59 AM »

Man this is a lot of suggestions.

Sorry that I haven't shown any new updates. Dealing with plenty of other stuff.
Take your time.  Gentleman

-Albert Einstein
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2010, 03:52:32 PM »

I'm going to change the way the brush works on the next version so it's easier to just choose what you want to draw (character, color, background color) in an intuitive fashion.

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2010, 08:44:33 PM »

My upper HUD needs more detail.

This program is amazing, Melly, thanks a ton! But... I'd really prefer a text tool where you just click on the screen and it becomes like Notepad. Like, you use arrow keys or mouse clicks to move around, and when you type something is overwrites the square and jumps one space to the right. The version right now was too complex for my simple brain to understand. Smiley

I also agree with the sentiment that there should be an option to scale the entire window two or three times. I've got a pretty hi-res monitor, so I just have to put it in fullscreen; my eyes can't stand the normal size.

Might also suggest a bit on the HUD that shows what coordinates your mouse cursor is at.

...and a tool that lets you copy-paste areas.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2010, 09:11:21 PM »

mockup of the town guard rl I mentioned in the unusual rl settings thread.

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2010, 10:17:05 PM »

How many non sentient targets will there be?

shadowdim
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2010, 11:44:39 PM »

mockup of the town guard rl I mentioned in the unusual rl settings thread.
Too many details Epileptic Hide the insides of the building when the player is outside, maybe?
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2010, 12:41:59 AM »

nevar!

actually I would have but I really wanted to do some building interiors. were it an actual game the building interiors would likely be obscured.

How many non sentient targets will there be?
could be giant rats infesting a basement, or a large mold that takes over half a block, or a dragon that begins terrorizing the town (though the sentience of dragons may be arguable), or a just a random monster that some Big Bad Villain sent, not having the time or patience to come and conquer your back-water, hardly-on-the-map town for himself. In fact sentient targets would likely be one of the rarer Big Threats, tending to keep their misdeeds to petty crimes and very mundane murders.

edit

better?

shadowdim
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2010, 04:45:55 AM »

better?
definitely.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2010, 08:09:50 PM »

This is my terrible excuse for a king of spades...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic